By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

LOL I love this thread. So funny if u sit back and just read peoples post, from the trolls to the die hard sony supporters. I'll admit that as much as some people have trolled this thread, I have actually looked forward to their posts and people replying to their posts, it's funny. OT: Let's wait till next week, I think it will ATLEAST sell 200k in t he coming week.

Around the Network

It's unfortunate that Sony messed up the release of this game as bad as they did. I can't remember this happening to another game. Especially one with this much hype behind it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

@ Zen....

Aaahh...that's it. I'm sure LBP will put "ownage" on the charts this week, like Fable 2 did last week...right?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

About breaking release: my Walmart did (I have no idea whether they stopped selling them or not. It sounds like they probably did.)

That being said, I think this week's sales are pretty good considering the mess that was the launch. This game, if it is what it is hyped to be, will be driven by legs anyway. Why are we arguing?

(By the way I trudged through the entire thread.)

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

It will have a better week 2 followed by strong, but not phenomenal, legs. I say weeks 1 and 2 will be very similar, week 3 barely less, and then it will start to taper off slowly. 3 million LTD imo.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

....you guys are playing into their hands. Why are you letting 2 posters stir you up so badly? They wouldn't even care if they didn't know you guys would go buck crazy after every one of their posts. You should be able to see the obvious truth, and they can too. You think trolls believe the things they post?

Anyway, just own them and move on. I see this as a generalized commentary on the attributes of the different fan camps we have here on the forums. PS3 fans are usually very uniform and logical in their assertions, while Wii fans have become very factual and in a sense, arrogant, with all the sales the Wii recieves. 360 fans seem to be smaller in number, but they've really learned how to push the right buttons of the PS3 fans, it seems. But I'm rambling.

None of what they say is true. This should end, now. Any single person here has the power to stop it...you just may not realize it yet.

The irony is, the only person that has actually said anything critical of the game already retracted his comments.

They are all in a huff over nothing.  The game never had a hope of selling as well as it's hype level indicated.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

....you guys are playing into their hands. Why are you letting 2 posters stir you up so badly? They wouldn't even care if they didn't know you guys would go buck crazy after every one of their posts. You should be able to see the obvious truth, and they can too. You think trolls believe the things they post?

Anyway, just own them and move on. I see this as a generalized commentary on the attributes of the different fan camps we have here on the forums. PS3 fans are usually very uniform and logical in their assertions, while Wii fans have become very factual and in a sense, arrogant, with all the sales the Wii recieves. 360 fans seem to be smaller in number, but they've really learned how to push the right buttons of the PS3 fans, it seems. But I'm rambling.

None of what they say is true. This should end, now. Any single person here has the power to stop it...you just may not realize it yet.

The irony is, the only person that has actually said anything critical of the game already retracted his comments.

They are all in a huff over nothing.  The game never had a hope of selling as well as it's hype level indicated.

A machine designed to only produce flamebait could not produce as much flamebait as you do.

Well, at least LBP won't have to worry about competition from SOCOM or Bioshock, which are just ABSOLUTELY having a rough time. SOCOM is sittting at 220K, with a staggering drop from 186K to 32K, and Bioshock opened to an EXTREMELY week 33K in NA, after a just as weak week in PAL. So, LBP just had to worry about GH and Fallout 3...but considering that most ps3 owners are waiting for LBP...those are probably going to face poor sales as well...right?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

hmmmm ..... we should not count this week .. the next week will show the true sales for it but if its fail then sony fans have one last hope this year .. its Resistance 2 .. hope its will do well.

Wow, I just went through 5 pages of flaming, trolling, and pathetic back and forth slap fights. Thanks for dropping my faith in the community, everyone. You make my job as a moderator just that much more annoying.

Locked.