By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LBP Week 1 Sales (NA) -- 164K -- Good or Bad??

URNotE said:

its okay everybody im here to get rid of the fungus thats starcraft and whoever else wants to be exterminated

toys R us game not out yet link

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3366710

target game not out yet not even on the website link

http://www.target.com/gp/search/191-2560572-2958731?field-keywords=littlebigplanet&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1

bestbuy game sold out

link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1218028033125&skuId=9124422&type=product

circuit city game came out today link

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=229266&catOid=-16701&null

walmart not on website

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10337589

amazon.com plus a list of stores where it just launched

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001IVXI7C/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1225253127&sr=8-1

STARCRAFT OWNED anyone else agreeing with starcraft owned... this thread can now be officially locked

signed you friendly neighborhood sony hero U R NOT E

It's sad.  Contributors such as Starcraft should be more impartial and rational, upholding a higher standard.  This is why gaming can have such a bad image.  When things could be neutral, they troll which forces people to draw lines.  I have to side with the PS3 users on this one.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
Imalwayswrong_Tyagi said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

You can't criticize me until you guess at least one of the Nitnendo songs in the contest.

because as much as I disagree with a lot of the things zenfolder says he is as hardly as big of a troll as claude and it doesn't take any effort or intelligence to be a troll.

Watch it now, you don't want the mods on your ass because you're flipping out over LBP's lukewarm reception. And you're hardly in my league.

I never really understood why people got so emotional over sales numbers, but the situation wouldn't have been like this had the forums not been flooded with "LOL LITLBIGGPLANT WIL B HUGE!111!!111"

INTERNET TOUGH GUY ALERT

Don't worry about him. Some people seem to think that their post count is directly related to the size of their penis. We can obviously see that this isn't true.

i just said mant times, LBP is not huge look at many probelm,

1. recalled
2. Server probelm

why is that every huge ps3 game will have launch probelm and server problem
if this going to happen at R2 launc too, it will big disaster for sony

socomm have probelm and not sell to well too, only 200K for 2 week, and already down to 32K per weekly

ClaudeLv250 said:

You can't criticize me until you guess at least one of the Nitnendo songs in the contest.

because as much as I disagree with a lot of the things zenfolder says he is as hardly as big of a troll as claude and it doesn't take any effort or intelligence to be a troll.

Watch it now, you don't want the mods on your ass because you're flipping out over LBP's lukewarm reception. And you're hardly in my league.

I never really understood why people got so emotional over sales numbers, but the situation wouldn't have been like this had the forums not been flooded with "LOL LITLBIGGPLANT WIL B HUGE!111!!111"

INTERNET TOUGH GUY ALERT

LOL

starcraft said:
There is one fundamental flaw in your effort to "own" me.

Most street date breakages occur in-store, not on websites. Traditionally, mistakes are made at regional or store levels, not on websites, which are primarily run by corporate level company departments.

Thanks for the effort you put in UrnotE, but it would've been better spent visiting stores and taking photos, something that would actually have given your post some relevance to the debate.

the point was the official release date for those links i gave werent til today... just because gamestop sold the game on saturday to ONLY PEOPLE WHO PREORDERED IT (i didnt put that in caps because i was yelling by the way just helping you read) doesnt mean every store broke the street date... wal mart even stopped selling it until today at least locally around me anyway...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

....you guys are playing into their hands. Why are you letting 2 posters stir you up so badly? They wouldn't even care if they didn't know you guys would go buck crazy after every one of their posts. You should be able to see the obvious truth, and they can too. You think trolls believe the things they post?

Anyway, just own them and move on. I see this as a generalized commentary on the attributes of the different fan camps we have here on the forums. PS3 fans are usually very uniform and logical in their assertions, while Wii fans have become very factual and in a sense, arrogant, with all the sales the Wii recieves. 360 fans seem to be smaller in number, but they've really learned how to push the right buttons of the PS3 fans, it seems. But I'm rambling.

None of what they say is true. This should end, now. Any single person here has the power to stop it...you just may not realize it yet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I picked up my copy of Fallout 3 yesterday from Gamestop, and the polling by me was totally unscientific, but out of the 10 people in line, no one was picking up LBP...I milled around the store for a bit...reading thru guides...and no LBP pick-ups...I might have been their during a slow pick-up period, but my point is this...they had the stack of Fallout 3 on the shelf...and LBP was MUCH smaller. I can't say much more than that...so that's why I'm trying to gauge where most think LBP will fall this week...and I'm getting nothing but political answers.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
I picked up my copy of Fallout 3 yesterday from Gamestop, and the polling by me was totally unscientific, but out of the 10 people in line, no one was picking up LBP...I milled around the store for a bit...reading thru guides...and no LBP pick-ups...I might have been their during a slow pick-up period, but my point is this...they had the stack of Fallout 3 on the shelf...and LBP was MUCH smaller. I can't say much more than that...so that's why I'm trying to gauge where most think LBP will fall this week...and I'm getting nothing but political answers.

Maybe it had been on sale in that store early.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

dejelek said:
i just said mant times, LBP is not huge look at many probelm,

1. recalled
2. Server probelm

why is that every huge ps3 game will have launch probelm and server problem
if this going to happen at R2 launc too, it will big disaster for sony

socomm have probelm and not sell to well too, only 200K for 2 week, and already down to 32K per weekly

A) look at other online only games... Sony castrated itself from people who dont connect to the internet. Only 250k more to outsell every other online only game on any console. not including downloads. B) Bioshock, LBP, Fable2, Wii music, Far Cry 2, Rock Band 2 all released this week... You can't expect everyone to spend hundreds of dollars in a week,

ClaudeLv250 said:

INTERNET TOUGH GUY ALERT

Don't worry about him. Some people seem to think that their post count is directly related to the size of their penis. We can obviously see that this isn't true.

That's the first time I've seen someone try to weave the subject of penis length into a post count. I'm not that desperate so I'm not familair with it, I'll leave the subject of being met by disappointment by those you meet based on profile related numerical statistics you associate with genitals up to you since you clearly have self experience in that department in general when it comes to you failing to meet certain expectations.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"