By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

resistance 2 WILL be the better game, but i can't see it getting higher scores than gears2

Around the Network

I didn't expect too much from R2 - maybe 90 points average but if there's any credibility in IGN's review, it might actually end up in some 94 points. No higher, though, and probably lower. However, I wouldn't be surprised if GeoW2 ended up in some 91 points, maybe 92. Could be 94 though. It's pretty hard to tell.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much. But numbers are always nice... Though I must admit I prefer letters: they're much more comfortable in maths and in reviews they always tell more detailed information about the game.

I personally think I will enjoy Resistance 2 so much more. The beta alone has given me so much joy. However, I doubt that R2 will have better ratings and it surely won't reach gears 2's sales.

PS3 Trophies

libellule said:
I m wondering the same :

is it possible for R2 to get better review than GoW2 :

goW2

better gfx - True
10 hour campaign
solid online play - We don't know this yet
not much improvement from GoW1 - We don't know this yet

R2

worse gfx - This is true
10 hour campaign
very very solid online play - We don't know that yet
lot of improvement - first one was rubbish though so how can you make a comparison to GOW2?

I can see some reviewer rating R2 higher because gfx are not everything.

But I m not sure that R2 will get a better average review than GoW2.

Wait and see.

Bold ^

So all in all, what exactly is your point?

If a game is released that is mediocre in ever respect, then the sequel is much improved. That doesn't make it better than another series where the first game was very good and the sequel is improved by a smaller amount than the mediocre game?

The amount of improvement means nothing.

If I give you some cat shit to eat, then I give you some horse shit....Is that "ok"?

I'd prefer a steak myself.

megaman2 said:
dbot said:
It will not and GeoW2 will sell more.

I must disagree it will sell more but i really feel that gow2 is not a huge improvement compared to resistance 2.

and if you dont agree state your reason dont just post such a pointless thread, thank you

Well it's easier to improve a good game than to improve a great game

Around the Network

eurogamer is gonna ruin it for u
the first one got 60 from EG

Resistance 1 wasn't rubbish. WTF are you smoking?

Ah great Burgles is back >_>

blazinhead89 said:
Ah great Burgles is back >_>

:)

I've calmed down and hopefully won't annoy everyone as much.

Well I like gears of war 2 (played it while standing in line for my ps3!!!!) but it was just a linear 3rd person shooter with amazing graphics. Shooters are shooters. If you want different get bioshock. R2 is about good story and revolutionary multiplayer.

GeOW2 is about great single player and great multiplayer, so I think they will be about the same but I give the edge to R2 because sequels to great games seem to get down graded.