By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

yep...just keep saying "fanboy reviews!!" as theres always a solution to make up on these problems...
its funny ya'll keep saying that when R2 doesn't get the perfect reveiws you're hoping for...so LBP getting such excellent reviews is what? whats your excuse now?

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Heres one for the PS3 fans to scream conspiracy! The Gamespy review for Resistance 2 is 4.5 stars out of 5 ( at least it seems so from the picture ) but Metacritic lists it as 80. I checked other scores and when its 4.5, its usually 90.

http://uk.ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/resistance-2/926717p1.html

Conspiracy! lol

fanboy reviewers wouldnt suprise me. imo there should be a top 20 or something "licenced reviewers" the rest of the flabber jabber who dont know anything should be arrested and charged!

God grow up you're a fanboy yourself, its YOUR opinion R2 is better so just because Gears 2 is getting much better reviews does not mean its fanboy reveiwing. You're 32 for christs sakes start acting like it.

Skeeuk said:
well that settles it, ive pre ordered r2 for 32quid................ a rich single player and best online multiplayer on a console. i cnt wait........... btw theres a similar horde type mode but diff is more enemies on screen. i might try gears2 after xmas but i also want cod5 then killzone will be released. so it may be difficult to get gears2w. theres simply to many good games coming out on ps3. guess il have to wait till gears goes into the "2 for 30pounds range" in gamestation.................bollocks to fanboy reviewers

These aren't fanboy reviews....you're just creating some sort of wierd nonsensical damage control.

You're one of the biggest PS3 fans on this forum and I'm sick of you pretending like you're giving Gears 2 a fair shake. I can quote you at least twice in this very topic being very biased and immature when flaming Gears 2.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

EaglesEye379 said:
Heres one for the PS3 fans to scream conspiracy! The Gamespy review for Resistance 2 is 4.5 stars out of 5 ( at least it seems so from the picture ) but Metacritic lists it as 80. I checked other scores and when its 4.5, its usually 90.

http://uk.ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/resistance-2/926717p1.html

Conspiracy! lol

Ya I noticed the same thing. It just sucks that they gave an 80 whereas a 4.5/5 actually is 90. Well Not that is matters much coz everyone knows that this game kicks ass. The PS3 owners are gonna buy this in droves and how the mass gaming base likes it is the only thing that matters.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

EVERYONE CLICK THIS POST:
IT'S EPIC!
http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1398554

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:
well that settles it, ive pre ordered r2 for 32quid................ a rich single player and best online multiplayer on a console. i cnt wait........... btw theres a similar horde type mode but diff is more enemies on screen. i might try gears2 after xmas but i also want cod5 then killzone will be released. so it may be difficult to get gears2w. theres simply to many good games coming out on ps3. guess il have to wait till gears goes into the "2 for 30pounds range" in gamestation.................bollocks to fanboy reviewers

These aren't fanboy reviews....you're just creating some sort of wierd nonsensical damage control.

You're one of the biggest PS3 fans on this forum and I'm sick of you pretending like you're giving Gears 2 a fair shake. I can quote you at least twice in this very topic being very biased and immature when flaming Gears 2.

Thats what am talking about...and it's always the same people who make these comments, so these same "fanboy reviewers" who rated R2 lower are not the same ones praising LPB??

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:

Whats wrong with being a fan? Isn't everyone in this site a fan of some console or the other?

Overwhelming number of your posts are anti-Sony, no one uses that as an argument against you, why do you use that logic against what Skeeuk is saying?

When he says that those are fan boy reviews that is his opinion, and for sure that one review in gamedaily sucks ass. They put the game down for being too hard, hardly mentions the co-op mode and complains against Nathan Hale for having no personality.

And yes, unlike individuals, its wrong for reviewers of independent gaming websites to not sound like fanboys

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

ocnkng said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:

Whats wrong with being a fan? Isn't everyone in this site a fan of some console or the other?

Overwhelming number of your posts are anti-Sony, no one uses that as an argument against you, why do you use that logic against what Skeeuk is saying?

When he says that those are fan boy reviews that is his opinion, and for sure that one review in gamedaily sucks ass. They put the game down for being too hard, hardly mentions the co-op mode and complains against Nathan Hale for having no personality.

And yes, unlike individuals, its wrong for reviewers of independent gaming websites to not sound like fanboys

Oh, my dear oc, there's nothing wrong with being a fan. I'm a 360 fan.

However, what Skeeuk has given us isn't an opinion. Opinions are based on facts and reasonings. Skeeuk has given us an assumption, based on another assumption.

Skeeuk, in this case, assumes that R2 is an epic AAA game. Furthermore, he assumes that anyone who plays the game should instantly realize that. His second assumption is, that people who say that the game isn't nearly flawless, obviously knew that it was...but they lied about it, becasue the game was on the Playstation 3.

Now, you'll see many ownings come from me....but you'll never see me make such a convoluted claim. I would never say that Fable 2 didn't score 90 percent because of Fanboy reviewers, or that LBP scored so high because of Fanboy reviews.

There is nothing wrong with being a fan. However, there is something called damage control. That is when something bad happens to something related to whatever you're a fan of, and you make up an excuse. That excuse will often be far fetched, unprovable, and can't stand up to any scrutiany.

In this case Skeeuk has used "damage control" based on assumptions(that he very well probably believes) that are simply lucrious.

If I didn't point that out, then what sort of poster would I be?

When something bad happens to Sony, or Nintendo, or Microsoft, dont' try to make excuses for it. Just accept it, realize that it's probably not that bad, and move on. Making up excuses like "They cheated," is called beinga sore loser. Being a sore loser is immature, unseemly, and impolite.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

NEW UPDATE.

Gears 2 = 94% after 27 reviews.

R2 = 89% after 13 reviews.

So far Gears 2 = AAA

R2 = AA

Just to have some closure on this thread the final tally is
Gears 93
R2 89

To be fair both are triple AAA I dont care what the 89 says but Gears clearly has the higher score.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks