By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its fanboyish now to consider PS3 has no games

ultimate_123 said:

Seriously it is. The PS3 has many great games now (Excluding LBP). Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Resistance 2,Motorstorm, Motorstorm 2 and MGS 4. It now really depends on your personal taste of gaming whether or not you want a 360 or PS3 so everyone saying PS3 has no games it still living in the past.

You forget:

White Knight Chronicles
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Haze
Valkiria Chronicles
GT5 prologue
SOCOM
WipeoutHD 
+ others
+ old exclusives
+ Multiplatform games

The problem is that xbox360 fanboys believe that multiplatform games are exclusives xbox360. LOOOOL.

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:

Seriously it is. The PS3 has many great games now (Excluding LBP). Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Resistance 2,Motorstorm, Motorstorm 2 and MGS 4. It now really depends on your personal taste of gaming whether or not you want a 360 or PS3 so everyone saying PS3 has no games it still living in the past.

Agreed... didn't even read the other post after the OP.... hell for me even DreamCast had enough good games to justify a purchase.... now PS always had a subtantial library... the question was more about it's quality and originality... I think it is now clear that all console have quality games... on the originality I'm still kind of desapointed so far... to me Wii seems to have that covered.... why the hell we don't see more original concepts coming out on PS and XB... it's not like the consoles can't sustain it.... and i"m god damn sure looking at the Wii sales that even if it's not the core target audience on the PS and XB that it would either sell consoles and if not I'm pretty sure it would sell the game anyway... the trend is here.... why then don't use it.... 

Now I still think the game library is better on XB than PS and yeah that is a personal opinion... but apparently shared by many... Resistance 1 and 2 might be good or not it's up to debate... but even if they are it's a short choice as exclu IPs in that genre.... motorstorm is a really specific IP... not really something you should rely on as a systeme seller... not everybody is interested by a dirt racer even if it is the best game in the world.... MGS yeah well isn't it the last volume ???? what's next ??? it's a great game for the stealth maniac.... but what will feed them until next gen now ??? 

So yeah both consoles have great games... and both library is a selling argument... now I still think the XB one is richer and more varied than the PS one at least in the top games...  platformers might be the weakness of XB but it's not the forte of PS either... you have LBP coming we have BK... we'll see how both turn out... personally i have no preference their... I don't think I'll get BJ day one and i don't think i would with LBP if i had a PS.... I'd like a Kameao 2 though anybody has info on that ??

but overall i want something weeked... yeah both have great FPS with nice new stuff compare to last gen... yeah we have both great graphics....  some badass RPG.... racers.... etc.... but where is the really new original stuff ???? something really refreshing the VG industry... great graphics, great soundtrack and greatgameplay... is indeed awesome... but not enough anymore.... the Wii sales are there to prove that point.... and that is not due to the pricetag only... otherwise XB arcade would be racing up from now on to catch up with Wii sales... which I highly doubt will ever happen.... so get to the work board developers and make something original for godsake... you have the tools and the power at hand... we just need you imagination....

Daxter210 said:
ultimate_123 said:

You forget:

White Knight Chronicles
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Haze
Valkiria Chronicles
GT5 prologue
SOCOM
WipeoutHD 
+ others
+ old exclusives
+ Multiplatform games

The problem is that xbox360 fanboys believe that multiplatform games are exclusives xbox360. LOOOOL.

lol you added Haze to that list.  I'm surprised you didn't include Lair.

@ endimion, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted are both action platformers (with Uncharted leaning towards TPS)

Munkeh111 said:
@ garnett, I don't want to play on my PC, I much prefer console gaming, and so that is what I am comparing resistance to

Understandably,Most people like Console gaming better than PC gaming,But honestly 40 player online for shooters just isnt execiting,but it has never (or rarely) been done on console,but congrats for FINALLY doing it.

Around the Network

yes it is fanboyish to say ps3 has no games, for me its actually the opposite i say 360 has no games, all the best 360 ones are old now ive finished and traded them, the ones that came out this year have been mediocre like ninja gaiden 2 (play through hayabusa villiage in sigma and gaiden 2 and you will notice how better sigma is)

theres only realy gears and l4d other than that for gaming the ps3 has provided

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Munkeh111 said:
@ endimion, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted are both action platformers (with Uncharted leaning towards TPS)

yeap that's why I didn't talk about them I don't know enough about them to say something.... but when I say platformer... I'm more of the oldschool one... I think like the aladin and lion king,,, earth worm jim... rayman etc..... we missing good old platformers... even if renewed like ninty did with mario... I think Kameo was a nice try in that direction... tooo bad nobody really catched on it.... LBP for me is not really good and I said it before... first the art direction for the background of what I've seen is not good... I mean there is a difference between being original and have a child doing them..... and the level creator everybody is mad about... come on.... now you buy a game you have to creat the levels on top of it ???? so I pay to do your job ???? that's why I call that a tech demo.... imagine they had sold Warcraft with just the level creator with a small to non existant compagn back then on PC ??? level creators should be a nice add on for fans not the key argument of a game IMO.... what's nice on LBP is the physics engine.... but again.... i feel like developers... are just trying to improve a little bit old genre like FPSs RPGs and racers... using the cheerpower of the console... not really there imagination..... or throwing at us unfinished concepts.... or unexploited ones... i.e. assassin's creed.... that stuff could have been a great amawing game with a solid story and gameplay.... everything is there.... they just didn't do the leap in my opinion.... hell the concept could even be used in a platformer.... they have tones of innovation out there... it just seem they are affraid to pack them in new stuff.... or just make a game turning around a single one.... I think it's kind of tasteless... but that's me i'm kind of difficulte on games... I get bored really fast.... i.e. i still haven't finished most of the games i have....

The PS3 has no good games...

*runs*

:P

The BuShA owns all!

Skeeuk said:
yes it is fanboyish to say ps3 has no games, for me its actually the opposite i say 360 has no games, all the best 360 ones are old now ive finished and traded them, the ones that came out this year have been mediocre like ninja gaiden 2 (play through hayabusa villiage in sigma and gaiden 2 and you will notice how better sigma is)

theres only realy gears and l4d other than that for gaming the ps3 has provided

Let me make sure I got this straight: you would call me a fanboy for saying the PS3 has no games because there are no games I want for it?

Munkeh111 said:
It was fanboyish last year as well

It was fanboyish at launch....

4 ≈ One