By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its fanboyish now to consider PS3 has no games

Lolcislaw said:
Well i wont say that PS3 has no games (cause it does), but it still does not have games that would make me want to buy one (and i dont believe in buying console for 1 game).
I've never been a massive MGS fan (but i did enjoy number 1&2). LBP? well Wii offers great platforming with games like SMG, Wario Land, De blob etc. etc. And i'm not into shooters.

All consoles have a good lineup for upcoming holidays, it cannot be clearly said which one has it, because it is a matter of taste and preference. For me Wii has a great lineup for next months, so does the DS i dont need more then that.

What games does the Wii having Upcoming that you want? Your quoted

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
ultimate_123 said:

With the way that nintendo has been treating its fans I'd say it is fanboyish to consider that the wii has no games, but theres hardly been any great 3rd party support and second half of 08 has been pretty bland from ninty.

This argument has been debunked dozens, if not hundreds, of times, so I'm not going to repeat it.

@ the OP: Is it fanboyish to say that the PS3 has too few games to justify the $400/$500 pricetag?

If anything, I think there's too many games. Fallout, Resistance, Far Cry, Saints Row, Dead Space, LittleBigPlanet and Motorstorm all coming at once. Not enough time D:

Every console now has enough games to justify their price tags. Just depends on preference.

I think that it is fanboyish to think that way of any system. They all now have a library of good games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Defenitly PS3 was worth Every Euro and more that i payed for it. The More Time goes by the more Valuable it is becoming.

Guess I'm a minority, I own a ps3 and I still think it lacks games that I want. Out of my consoles I have 30 360 games, 15 wii games and 2 ps3 games. One of the ps3 games I can't even play for awhile until server problems are fixed.

Around the Network

It's been fanboyish since last Christmas-ish.

But some people still use that excuse.

If you said it in 2006, you would have a point. If you said it this time last year in 2007, you would be a fool. If you say it now in Ocotber 2008, you deserve to be beaten to death by a large, moist trout.

kowenicki said:
SpartanFX said:
@KoWeniki

dead space was lead platform on PS3 So it looks abit sharper on PS3 ,,so if you have the option you might want to get that for PS3 and boost your trophies a little.

is this true? 

I believe so. If your worried about Metacritic score being 1 point lower, take into consideration Gamepro has not even rated the PS3 version (which would most likely recieve a 100 as well) as well as many other review sites that seem to have only reviewed the 360 version.

Other than the slightly sharper image, there is no real differences between the two. "PS3" Obsidian Suit DLC (which is free) also looks a lot better than the "360" Elite Suit DLC (also free).

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

PS3 will blast past the competition soon. Not saying the other consoles won't have great games but in terms of moving forward and expanding it scope the PS3 is leaps and bounds ahead.

New Ips, new online feautres, new development focus, Broadened market of gamers mean that gaming will impress across the board no matter what console you game on.

The console wars are insignificant when comparede to how much better gaming as a whole has gotten. I suggest at least 2 consoles this gen. I have the PS3 and Wii and they are both great. The360 is great as well and I play it extensively at my friends house.

To say there are no games to play is an excuse for laziness try something new and you may fall in love. Hapy gaming everyone,

Sincerely yours, Beja-Beja

ultimate_123 said:

Seriously it is. The PS3 has many great games now (Exclusing LBP). Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Resistance 2,Motorstorm, Motorstorm 2. It now really depends on your personal taste of gaming whether or not you want a 360 or PS3 so everyone saying PS3 has no games it still living in the past.

Totally agree.