By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starcrafts signature will shine! Xbox 360 will have > 20 90+ games xmas 09?

Starcrafts signature, the shining beacon of Xbox 360 game awesomeness, may get a lot better by the time the years out.

Currently we have 17 90+ games on the charts with new entries Fable 2 and Portal being recent additions. But with quite a few awesome games to come we could see that 20 mark being met and surpassed before the end of the year.

Fallout 3

Left 4 Dead

Gears of War 2

Prince of Persia

Dead Space might get a little push? (Currently 89%)

Mirrors Edge

etc, so its going to be a big holiday season. So big infact that I predict the Xbox 360 will have 22 90+ games before the end of the year. Thats almost 8 games per year of general gaming goodness finding extreme favour in reviewers hearts.

So is that awesome or what?

Btw if you mention a certain other console you're probably being a douche.

Tease.

Around the Network

does that list include many old games that no one wants anymore? or DL only titles?

out of that list fallout 3 and gears 2 are certainly 90+ aggregated

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I'm curious , does the 90+ rating improve the gameplay experience for you than a 89.9 game ? . Does a 89 rating cause some of the games coding to go faulty causing framrate problems and pop in issues ?. I guess opinion is most weapon for fanboys.

This obsession with 90+ Ratings is pointless and your probably only pushing it so hard because the XBOX 360 has the most 90+ rated games out of the 3, in truth I still think other consoles offer better gaming libarys regardless of what the reviewers give.

Uncharted 88
BloomBox 85
Ratchet and Clank 89
Resistance Fall of Man 86
Motorstorm 82 .

All the above are excellent games (10/10) imo but none scorred 90+ aggregate.

I doubt Dead Space will get past 90%
The PS3 version was past 90% briefly, but that went down, so with most reviews in, I very much doubt it.
Besides that, I think you're probably right.

Million said:
I'm curious , does the 90+ rating improve the gameplay experience for you than a 89.9 game ? . Does a 89 rating cause some of the games coding to go faulty causing framrate problems and pop in issues ?. I guess opinion is most weapon for fanboys.

no it doesnt at all, its just blowing smoke thats all.

i think ghost recon + braid are better games than lost oddesssey + tales of vesp. because of higher aggregated review scores? or would that be blowing smoke?

in fact looking at someone who only see`s a higher aggregated score to be the better game look at this list, it would tell me that braid is better than all the rest of the highlighted games? even better than fable 2! or is the very old guitar heroe 2 better than fable 2? beats me..........

Braid 93
  Rock Band 2 92
Guitar Hero II 92
Rock Band 92
Mass Effect 91
Portal: Still Alive 91
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 90
Fable II 90
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 90
Forza Motorsport 2 90

il say again the aggregated review system is flawed unless the same number of reviews come in for each game.

game A could get 91 based of 37 reviews, and game B could get 87 based of 52 reviews.

the best review is your own review and what you get out of the game.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Million said:

This obsession with 90+ Ratings is pointless and your probably only pushing it so hard because the XBOX 360 has the most 90+ rated games out of the 3, in truth I still think other consoles offer better gaming libarys regardless of what the reviewers give.

Uncharted 88
BloomBox 85
Ratchet and Clank 89
Resistance Fall of Man 86
Motorstorm 82 .

All the above are excellent games (10/10) imo but none scorred 90+ aggregate.

Bioshock 96

Portal 91

Call of Duty 4 94

Forza Motorsport 2 90

Braid 93

Would be considered an awesome collection, and they also all deservedly scored 90+ ratings. Whereas the games you listed had flaws which prevented them from reaching the same rating.

Hey I like to keep an eye on the scores. Its an awesome discovery to find another awesome game out there, and without Metacritic I would have missed out on quite a few gems - especially from the previous generations Like ICO and Shadow of the Collossus.

Tease.

w00t?

"Starcrafts signature will shine!"

good for u two

I'm not picking Prince of Persia UNLESS it's an AAA game,, 89 is not wanted

Sqilliam! The awesomeness of that list of 360 games shines so brightly I'm having a hard time seeing. But yes its hard to imagine that so many were saying the 360 would have no games to compete this year.

I hope you will have a very Merry Christmas with your list of awesome games.

I know I will!!

The aggregated reviews are good too separate the good games from the average, but should not be looked upon on close numbers, a 91 game is not necessarely worse than a 92. There some multiplats that have diferent numbers of reviews and because of that different ratings, but if you took the extra reviews the rating would be exactly the same. One example is Dead Space, that had less reviews in the Ps3 and a higher score because of that. So don´t take the metacritics so serious while comparing games between plataforms, expecially one that´s being out a year later. If in the 2009 winter the ps3 doesn´t have close to 18 games 90+, then you can come and gloat.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E