By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 will do 2.5 mil first week worldwide

This is my prediction looking based on the amount of 360's out there and selling at the moment.

Gears 1 sold 600,000 with 5 million 360's on the market 

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39033&console=&maker=&boxartz=1

Halo3 did 3.8 mill with about 12 mil 360's GEEEZZ!! 

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39355&console=&maker=&boxartz=1

Preorders as of 10/15 were third to Halo 3 and Halo 2 witch the latter it probably surpassed by now. It will be hard to tell if it gives a hardware boost, but I think it will probably about the size boost that MGS4 gave to the PS3.

Any thought

Around the Network

That sounds about right, the first has shown that it sells well but it also has very good legs as well so it might get 4M first month with good legs for the remainder of the year.

If it hits 2M first week it will be barely, the GT franchise which is vastly more popular got 2.5M first week with GT4 and cannot see GeOW 2 getting those kinds of numbers. It will be the best selling shooter though however if anyone has played the Killone 2 beta like me world of mouth will give Killzone 2 huge sales. Add on the huge marketing campaign which Sony are sure to give and the hype surrounding the game Killzone 2 will easily get 5M sales.

In conclusion 2m first week, 4M first month and 7M LTD for GeOW 2 :)

who is going to buy a console for a sequel to a game they never played? obviously it will sell better than Gears 1 but I doubt the boost will match the epic week of MGS4 for the ps3.

i think ur numbers are more or less correct, i think gears 2 will do 2 million week one.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It's going to be massive any way you slice it. Second most pre-ordered 360 game and rising per Gamestop, yea it is going to be a huge NPD for Gears. That is more pre-orders than GTA IV and GTA IV did what 1.8 million in just a few days on the 360 alone in April NPD IIRC. Considering this is exclusive unlike GTA IV it may very well be one heck of month come November for the 360. December will be just insane.

Around the Network

Well in install base for 360 is more than enough to get 7M sales with ease but no it will not cause a huge increase in boxes sold as most people who wanted to play it have the console already. It will sell boxes, but not the kind GT5 will sell (as you can see I love GT)

Sounds pretty reasonable. Im expecting 2-2.5 mil though I suck at software predictions.

Tease.

Kingdizzii said:
That sounds about right, the first has shown that it sells well but it also has very good legs as well so it might get 4M first month with good legs for the remainder of the year.

If it hits 2M first week it will be barely, the GT franchise which is vastly more popular got 2.5M first week with GT4 and cannot see GeOW 2 getting those kinds of numbers. It will be the best selling shooter though however if anyone has played the Killone 2 beta like me world of mouth will give Killzone 2 huge sales. Add on the huge marketing campaign which Sony are sure to give and the hype surrounding the game Killzone 2 will easily get 5M sales.

In conclusion 2m first week, 4M first month and 7M LTD for GeOW 2 :)

Kz2 5 mill first month? or LTD

Dare I say......3 mil...XD!

I agree

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey