By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 will do 2.5 mil first week worldwide

Stop living in kuku land Oyvoyvoyv, GT in terms of sales is in a class GeOW 2 could only dream about, no xbox or playstation game has or will ever come near GT in terms of sales.

Around the Network
Kingdizzii said:
Stop living in kuku land Oyvoyvoyv, GT in terms of sales is in a class GeOW 2 could only dream about, no xbox or playstation game has or will ever come near GT in terms of sales.

Okay, how much do you expect GT5 to sell, huh? Do you believe it will sell more than 12M? Because if you don't, Gears 2 might get within 3/4 of its sales. That is "touching it" in sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

2.5mil is a little optomistic. 2 mil would be a little more accurate.
(>'.')>

It sold 900k 1st week including others, so I think 2m is reasonable

2.5 Million sounds about right. Possibly more.

Around the Network

If Fable 2 can sell 1 million, and this is a far bigger release...

Tease.

Gears2 should be the 3rd largest 360 launch.  I doubt it can come close to GTA4, but you never know.

XBox 360 Top 10 Launch weeks

Halo3
GTA4
COD4
Gears of War
Assassin's Creed
Madden 09
Madden 08
Guitar Hero III
Madden 07
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

At WiiStation360, it'll be an interesting week, I didn't preorder it but I know a bunch of people who did. I know I've yet to see so many developer commentaries before a game is released.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
SMcc1887 said:
Gears will Be a Massive Seller. Will Stuff Resistance 2 nd LBP in Sales but Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Killzone will sell better than it

You think God of War 3, and Killzone 2 will both sell better than Gears of War 2?

With killzone 2 who knows

But with GOW 3 impossible

GOW 2 only sold like 2 - 2.5 million I think.....thats not great

I also highly doubt Killzone 2 will outsell Gears of War 2. I mean, Killzone 2 will probably sell really well, but Gears 2 is gonna be one of those rare mega-launches. It's been highly touted since it came out. Who knows though.

Killzone 2 = Can outsell Gears 2 if Sony advertise the Hell out of it and publicly announce it as the best graphical game to date

God Of War 3= I believe it will sell like hotcakes if it has no real competition. I know GoW2 didn't sell alot but I think GoW Chains of Olympus in PSP was a major hit

well me and a few other buddies have our copies on pre order to be included in those predicted sales :P