By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 will do 2.5 mil first week worldwide

MikeB said:
Didn't Pachter claim 5 million pre-orders on GameTrailers recently?

What?

Link?

That sounds ridiculous...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

The firts one sold like 900 k with an install base of 5 millions, thats like 19-20%. So, 20% of 22 millions... 4.4 millions, but, i really think than thats a lot, so i would say 3.5 millions.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

SMcc1887 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
SMcc1887 said:
Gears will Be a Massive Seller. Will Stuff Resistance 2 nd LBP in Sales but Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Killzone will sell better than it

You think God of War 3, and Killzone 2 will both sell better than Gears of War 2?

With killzone 2 who knows

But with GOW 3 impossible

GOW 2 only sold like 2 - 2.5 million I think.....thats not great

I also highly doubt Killzone 2 will outsell Gears of War 2. I mean, Killzone 2 will probably sell really well, but Gears 2 is gonna be one of those rare mega-launches. It's been highly touted since it came out. Who knows though.

Killzone 2 = Can outsell Gears 2 if Sony advertise the Hell out of it and publicly announce it as the best graphical game to date

God Of War 3= I believe it will sell like hotcakes if it has no real competition. I know GoW2 didn't sell alot but I think GoW Chains of Olympus in PSP was a major hit

God of War: Chains of Olympus Sony Computer Entertainment 27,579 7.75 1.26m 18th Jul 08
2 God of War II Sony Computer Entertainment 14,058 7.82 2.30m 05th Sep 08
3 God of War Sony Computer Entertainment 12,094 7.68 3.21m 12th Apr 08

God of War really isn't that a big franchise. The PSP games got to 1,26 because the game was bundled. GoW II couldn't get half of what Gears of War did with a much larger userbase.

Killzone 2 has no chance to outsell Gears of War 2. The original didn't even sell 1mil.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

My friend I think you will be surprised with Killzone's figures.

@ Godot, God of War 2 didn't make Greatest Hits yet, therefore it's sales pale in comparison to God of War 1.

Around the Network

I've been seeing a lot of TV ads the last couple of days--for this game, Saints Row 2, and Far Cry 2--I think Passenger's prediction has a chance.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@ Godot )

the first Killzone reportetly shipped about 2 million units worldwide, so you think more than one million of those still are on shelves?

2.5 million seems quite plausible....i would say that could be quite accurate

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Good try. 2,100,000 within 24 hours, so this could be right!

Logics tell me that this will have more front loaded sales compared to the first.
Am i right here ?

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"