By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 will do 2.5 mil first week worldwide

ZenfoldorVGI said:
SMcc1887 said:
Gears will Be a Massive Seller. Will Stuff Resistance 2 nd LBP in Sales but Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Killzone will sell better than it

You think God of War 3, and Killzone 2 will both sell better than Gears of War 2?

With killzone 2 who knows

But with GOW 3 impossible

GOW 2 only sold like 2 - 2.5 million I think.....thats not great

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
SMcc1887 said:
Gears will Be a Massive Seller. Will Stuff Resistance 2 nd LBP in Sales but Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Killzone will sell better than it

You think God of War 3, and Killzone 2 will both sell better than Gears of War 2?

With killzone 2 who knows

But with GOW 3 impossible

GOW 2 only sold like 2 - 2.5 million I think.....thats not great

I also highly doubt Killzone 2 will outsell Gears of War 2. I mean, Killzone 2 will probably sell really well, but Gears 2 is gonna be one of those rare mega-launches. It's been highly touted since it came out. Who knows though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Zen, I've never seen so many PR vids for a game in my life besides Halo3. Cliffy is becoming so ridiculously popular now that everyone calls him by his first name! I'm starting to think it might even come close to Halo3 sales, and I highly doubt K2 sales will be able to match that.

Didn't Pachter claim 5 million pre-orders on GameTrailers recently?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Possible. But I doubt it.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Sounds reasonable but I hope it just misses it because I hate it when people make these kinds of predictions as if they are definite... especially with no solid reasoning.

Heh i'm not sure about this one, 2.5 seems optimistic though.

The game will have that debut no doubt but i doubt the 360 boost will be massive.

Kingdizzii said:
It will not touch Gran Turismo 5 sales but will easily beat GOW 3 and Killzone 2 in sales.

Won't touch GT5? If it starts out with 2.5M, we might be looking at 8M sales. It is unlikely that GT5 will sell a lot more than 10M (or even 10M), so I'd definately say that it's touching it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Perhaps, i predict 1.8 million first week but i guess thats me.