By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 will do 2.5 mil first week worldwide

It is likely that it will sell that much.

Around the Network

Gears will Be a Massive Seller. Will Stuff Resistance 2 nd LBP in Sales but Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Killzone will sell better than it

@Passenger57 lifetime of course but I really do think that is a guarantee, no competition and an absolutely fantastic game from what I have played makes 5M sales look a cake walk.

Beja-Beja said:
who is going to buy a console for a sequel to a game they never played? obviously it will sell better than Gears 1 but I doubt the boost will match the epic week of MGS4 for the ps3.

Did MGS4 do 2 mil first week. It moved PS3's but I wouldn't call it an epic in comparison to Halo or GT

Maybe, but it might be a bit more, imho. Gears 2 is the game alot of 360 owners are waiting for.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Gears will Be a Massive Seller. Will Stuff Resistance 2 nd LBP in Sales but Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Killzone will sell better than it

TheTruthHurts! said:
Dare I say......3 mil...XD!

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm just looking at the economy. If it does sell 3 mill first week you bet it will move hardware.

It will not touch Gran Turismo 5 sales but will easily beat GOW 3 and Killzone 2 in sales.

SMcc1887 said:

You think God of War 3, and Killzone 2 will both sell better than Gears of War 2?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

In general I figure it will break records because I've seen advertisement for it and Gamestops midnight madness release on like 3 different channels in one night! Crazy