By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could PS3 top Xbox 360 by this Christmas?

NO, but it will win the battle this christmas

Around the Network

I think my position has been made clear on this one.

Tease.

jagenjg said:

Nah... there is no way.  Total PS3 sales will not catch up until 360 is discontinued.  The gap has always been around 5 million, and it will continue to stay that way until then.

I realize that sounds very fanboyish, but it is honest.  The gap has been about the same since the PS3's birth.

This right here is the bottom line. Really nothing has changed and by time that it does, that is if it does, in fact a new xbox will probably be hitting the market.

In Others? without a doubt.

In NA? nope.

Japan? can't say.

Are you high how the helll is it going to make up over 5.55 million units this christmas? It might not even outsell the 360 this christmas lol

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Epic no.

It'll obviousy win Others--no chance in the US, and it's debatable in Japan (I can't beieve I just said that part o.O)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

No.

What will be interesting though, will be which console sold more this year. And how much better 360 year 2 tracks against PS3 year 2.

It is possible to make up total sales, but very unlikely.

For weekly sales;

Europe - it should be close to 2:1 once the big rush gets under way.

USA - My guess is PS3 will do between 80 and 90% of what 360 does.

Japan - PS3 will take over next week, 360 should come back for TLR, and then the PS3 should come back for sure by WKC. It is tough to say who will sell more in this region overall for the rest of the year.

Lifetime:

PS3 has 0% to take the LTD sales of the 360 this year. Even if a miricale happened and PS3 became the must have gift this year, Sony does not produce enough units to make that possible.

My PS3/360 year out prediction:

I expect the PS3 to outsell the 360 by 10 - 25% worldwide. I think that both will be very close in the US. if the 360's best week in America is 500k, I would expect PS3 sales to be at the least 400k. In Europe I think the PS3 will be very close to double the 360 sales. I would guess the peak week will see 360 @ 320k and PS3 @ 600k +. In japan I don't think either console has a line-up strong enough to dominate the other. The only guess I can thow out is that Japan will buy PS3 due to name brand and country loyalty. Perhapps that would be enough to keep things tight around the TLR launch.

In any case here is what I think the peak week will look like;

360 PS3
USA - 500k 400k
Eu - 320k 600k
Japan - 50k 80k
Total - 870k 1.08M

So PS3 over 360 by 15%.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

No. If BD comes down $5-$10 becasue of the recession and Sony cuts the price of PS3 by $100 and LBP is a HUGE hit, I could see PS3 gaining 2-5 Million on Xbox 360, but even then it would still be behind 0.5-3M. Right now, I see a tie/360 pulling ahead another 500K this holiday season.