By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could PS3 top Xbox 360 by this Christmas?

nope. The big win will be MS, since they use american currency as a base value.

Sony might outsell it though. It did last year.... wondering how much they will be able to do this year...

Around the Network

Not a chance.

No way.

That would require the PS3 to sell approximately 5.6 million more units than Microsoft. This prospective scenario is not plausible.

Nah... there is no way.  Total PS3 sales will not catch up until 360 is discontinued.  The gap has always been around 5 million, and it will continue to stay that way until then.

I realize that sounds very fanboyish, but it is honest.  The gap has been about the same since the PS3's birth.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
LTD but weekly good be good as well to determine Spring 09 sales. I am not crazy, I just have spare time ;)

As you have a bit of spare time you could have used a bit more time to try and come up with a more realistic question.  There is absolutely no chance in hell that PS3 LTD sales can overtake 360 LTD sales by this Christmas.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

It's debatable whether it will managed it by next Christmas, this year is a definate no.

Weekly sales: yes
Total sales: no, even with PS3 doing a wonderful Xmas season and XB360 an horrible one, there still will be a some million units gap in favour of XB360, most probably PS3 will reach its rival's total sales during Q2 2009.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Weekly sales: yes
Total sales: no, even with PS3 doing a wonderful Xmas season and XB360 an horrible one, there still will be a some million units gap in favour of XB360, most probably PS3 will reach its rival's total sales during Q2 2009.

My guess is by Q2 you mean between April and June, in which case that is highly optimistic indeed... I'd say it is highly unlikely the PS3 will catch up before Q4 2009.

Too much of a gap at the moment with people still waiting for the price to drop to a more realistic level for the majorities pockets.

I rate this as 25/1 against.