By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why is Left 4 Dead so hyped

BenKenobi88 said:

AHHHH I'M LATE.

I'M LATE TO THE THREAD.

A) AI Director. It makes every game unique...the same replayability of an online multiplayer game like CS, TF2, Halo 3, whatever. It's not like Resistance, COD5, whatever, where it's the same game every time with co-op.

B) Valve. Trust Valve.

C) User maps.  Zombie mods of so many games were the thing for years and years.   Left 4 Dead was Turtle Rock's and now Valve's answer to everyones' mods...their own, superior "zombie mod," from which more mods can be made. Shopping malls, skyscrapers, space stations? Tons of maps are already being made.

D) I'm tired...I haven't been coming here enough lately...I'm too absorbed in the left4dead411.com forums and the official Steam forums, and I just bought Fallout 3 to keep me busy.

E) HOLY CRAP CHICAGO HAS GIANT L4D BILLBOARDS ON EVERY CORNER it's so great.

F) I'm sorry if I've been absent lately, I'll try to remedy it, but it's becoming increasingly hard.  Chances are the L4D demo comes out in a little over a week for pre-orderers, 2 weeks for the rest of the world.  2 weeks after waiting 2 years for this game?  AGH!

Ben is the source of roughly 87% of all L4D hype on vgChartz.

The rest of you are slacking.

Around the Network

Hype is good

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

BenKenobi88 said:

AHHHH I'M LATE.

I'M LATE TO THE THREAD.

A) AI Director. It makes every game unique...the same replayability of an online multiplayer game like CS, TF2, Halo 3, whatever. It's not like Resistance, COD5, whatever, where it's the same game every time with co-op.

B) Valve. Trust Valve.

C) User maps. Zombie mods of so many games were the thing for years and years. Left 4 Dead was Turtle Rock's and now Valve's answer to everyones' mods...their own, superior "zombie mod," from which more mods can be made. Shopping malls, skyscrapers, space stations? Tons of maps are already being made.

D) I'm tired...I haven't been coming here enough lately...I'm too absorbed in the left4dead411.com forums and the official Steam forums, and I just bought Fallout 3 to keep me busy.

E) HOLY CRAP CHICAGO HAS GIANT L4D BILLBOARDS ON EVERY CORNER it's so great.

F) I'm sorry if I've been absent lately, I'll try to remedy it, but it's becoming increasingly hard. Chances are the L4D demo comes out in a little over a week for pre-orderers, 2 weeks for the rest of the world. 2 weeks after waiting 2 years for this game? AGH!

Hmmmm... still not impressed :P Try harder :P ( jk ).

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Simply because the game looks pretty damn good.

The biggest reason I seem to not as interested is ,apparently the most popular reason for why people want to get the game: Zombies.

Oh my god! If there is a reason why I didn't enjoy HL2 it's Ravenholm.
I can't believe anybody enjoyed that! Shitting my pants for six hours isn't my type of fun.

Plus after playing through that part of the game, I became so freaking paranoid about everything, I was always scared a fricken headcrab/zombie would come running after me.

Around the Network

FPS games tend to stick to fairly standard formulas; all out brawls (such as team deathmatch, capture-the-flag, etc) with unlimited re-spawns, or the more personal, one life/one death matches (think Search and Destroy from COD, or Execution/Warzone in Gears).

R2 seems to try to combine these two; small squads that have their own objectives as part of a much larger team. L4D combines these in another way...as part of the four, you have one life and have to survive the zombie attack. You work together as a team to defeat a horde of zombies. As a zombie, you have multiple re-spawns and your only goal is to kill the four.

The best of both worlds, mashed together by Valve. I am excited as hell for this game. Given Valves recent warming-up to the PS3, I'd be surprised if PS3 owners don't get their own version eventually. More time to get hyped for it I guess?

im hoping this turns out to be a good game, we should have a ps3 port then

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@cool48
Ravenholm, an eastern European village conveniently filled with cutting discs, a more than generous helping of mind controlled zombies and a shotgun toting preacher. Seriously, whats not to like?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

BringBackChrono said:
@cool48
Ravenholm, an eastern European village conveniently filled with cutting discs, a more than generous helping of mind controlled zombies and a shotgun toting preacher. Seriously, whats not to like?

I was a little annoyed at the infinite spawns because they kept wasting my damn ammo and the crowbar works only 50% of the time before they hit you. Then the preacher came along...

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

It's made by one of the best developers in the world, who always make good games, and it has zombies in it.

I think that says it all.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.