By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why is Left 4 Dead so hyped

I've been hearing so much hype about Valve's upcomming game Left 4 Dead and I can't seem to understand why.

I've tried watching dozens of gameplay videos, trailers, interviews etc.. and I can't see what is so good about this game.
The one thing I find cool is the online co-op but still Resistance 2(which I will be getting) will have co-op with 8 players + a single player campaign and a whole lot of competitive modes.

Maybe it's just because I find that Valve's games have been really overrated (except for CSS and Portal). I've been really trying to get back into PC gaming since I got my PS3 but up to now the only game that interests me is Crysis Warhead.

So why is Lef 4 Dead so highly anticipated? Is it because it's another Valve game? Is it because of the online co-op?

Because up to now I can't really find anything that interesting about the game.

Around the Network

it have alot of replay value,

the world is suppose to change and no game is the same.

but of course R2, CO OP is similar in that part too.

I ask myself the same question. The game looks good but nothing groundbreaking. Everytime I see it I am waiting for something to wow me but it doesnt.

Maybe if it was on the ps3 that would change your mind./sarcasm

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:

Maybe if it was on the ps3 that would change your mind./sarcasm

I know your sarcastic but to answer your question I would rather have a game like that or CSS or TF2 on PC.

Around the Network

If it were on PS3 all the hype would dissapear in a second.

^^ It's also coming out on 360

I remember people said Too Human would make a lot of sales. I guess not. This probably is hyped up a lot but i only heard of it from this forum and nowhere else. A lot of talk but no walk.

cool48 said:
^^ It's also coming out on 360

That is why it is practically hyped as a 360 exclusive, i knew that already.

The AI director is a big reason. It's a completely new way for AI to be done offering unlimited replayability.

That alone makes it way more innovative then something like R2.  Which means a lot to the right crowd of people.