1. Valve has never made a bad game
  2. Valve games are always highly polished and made with the highest quality
  3. Lots of zombies
  4. Unlimited replayability
  5. 4v4 co-op
  6. The game forces you to work together like no other
  7. Kind of a new twist on survival horror
  8. You get to play as zombies
  9. Nothing negative has ever been said about it as far as I can tell.  Maybe people have knocked the graphics but nobody (that matters) really cares about that.
  10. It's doing something new with the AI director

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Hmmmm... still not impressed :P Try harder :P ( jk ).

Why don't you worship Valve? Have you ever played The Orange Box? Everyone should worship them.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Many people have knocked the Source engine graphics without actually looking at it...especially the final version. Play the demo on high settings (which shouldn't be hard for an average PC gamer) and I think it'll hold its own against any other current game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It should be hyped, I'm so excited to play this game with my friends.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Beja-Beja said:
If it were on PS3 all the hype would dissapear in a second.

Untrue. Any Valve game will be extremely hyped by everyone who has ever played a Valve game, no matter what console the game appears on. This whole "exclusives are always overhyped" garbage is a generalization.

Often games are over-hyped because they are exclusives, but L4D really isn't one of those games. It deserves every bit of the modest hype it has recieved, because it is made by Valve.

It's like me saying LBP was only hyped because it's a PS3 exclusive, and if it were a multiplat, it would probably sell worse, because most of the interest in the game stems from its exclusivity, and without said exclusivity, the online platformer genre isn't necessarily popular with the HD core fanbase.

I just generalized LBP, and I did it in a very plausible way. Doesn't mean it's true, and it doesn't mean that generalizing isn't ignorant. If this game was on the PS3 it would be even more hyped, by PS3 owners who know Valve is great. Those who don't even know who Valve is, aren't qualified enough as gamers to comment, imo.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I admit the main reason I am so hyped is cause its made by valve. I like the complete and total multiplayer aspects and the 4x4 style seems unique but I know if its valve its going to be good

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
I admit the main reason I am so hyped is cause its made by valve. I like the complete and total multiplayer aspects and the 4x4 style seems unique but I know if its valve its going to be good

I hate multiplayer and online games, but it's made by Valve, so I'm sure it will be an epic win, lol.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

vlad321 said:
cool48 said:

I've been hearing so much hype about Valve's upcomming game Left 4 Dead and I can't seem to understand why.

I've tried watching dozens of gameplay videos, trailers, interviews etc.. and I can't see what is so good about this game.
The one thing I find cool is the online co-op but still Resistance 2(which I will be getting) will have co-op with 8 players + a single player campaign and a whole lot of competitive modes.

Maybe it's just because I find that Valve's games have been really overrated (except for CSS and Portal). I've been really trying to get back into PC gaming since I got my PS3 but up to now the only game that interests me is Crysis Warhead.

So why is Lef 4 Dead so highly anticipated? Is it because it's another Valve game? Is it because of the online co-op?

Because up to now I can't really find anything that interesting about the game.

I stopped reading after that. You obviously can't tell a good game from a bad one and an innovative one from one that isn't. Sorry for the perosonal attacks but it's true.

Don't get me wrong, I never said the games were bad I'm just not sure they deserved compliments like: "The best game ever made"

I just found that I had to push myself to keep playing Half Life and Half Life 2 because after a while I got kinda annoyed and bored at the games. Now I'm not saying that they are bad games just that there are other games that I enjoyed playing a lot more.

cool48 said:
vlad321 said:
cool48 said:

I've been hearing so much hype about Valve's upcomming game Left 4 Dead and I can't seem to understand why.

I've tried watching dozens of gameplay videos, trailers, interviews etc.. and I can't see what is so good about this game.
The one thing I find cool is the online co-op but still Resistance 2(which I will be getting) will have co-op with 8 players + a single player campaign and a whole lot of competitive modes.

Maybe it's just because I find that Valve's games have been really overrated (except for CSS and Portal). I've been really trying to get back into PC gaming since I got my PS3 but up to now the only game that interests me is Crysis Warhead.

So why is Lef 4 Dead so highly anticipated? Is it because it's another Valve game? Is it because of the online co-op?

Because up to now I can't really find anything that interesting about the game.

I stopped reading after that. You obviously can't tell a good game from a bad one and an innovative one from one that isn't. Sorry for the perosonal attacks but it's true.

Don't get me wrong, I never said the games were bad I'm just not sure they deserved compliments like: "The best game ever made"

I just found that I had to push myself to keep playing Half Life and Half Life 2 because after a while I got kinda annoyed and bored at the games. Now I'm not saying that they are bad games just that there are other games that I enjoyed playing a lot more.

I completely disagree. I find that Valve's games are not only great FPS, but also extremely polished, innovative, immersive, and revolutionary.

I really loved Half-Life 2, as well, and I can't wait for episode 3.

If nothing else, Valve cares very, very much about their games, and they always please their fans. The Orange Box, imo, is still one of the best games ever, if you count it as one game.

Valve has also never created a game that dissapointed a lot of people, which very few developers can claim. They are just excellent developers, and everything they release is quality.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Tuanniez said:
ctk495 said:
Don't know but people here think that I'll be bigger that LBP.

I don't know ctk495, you're pretty good, but I think LBP is just a bit better than you this time. No offence, you're up against LBP, and that thing is HUGE.

=P

will LBP be bigger then GTA4 on PS3??? or MGS4????

and a 360 game selling more units then a PS3 is possible even with all the hype. I got gta4 on 360 and mgs4 probably rent LBP if its good I'll keep it gonna buy L4D.