By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why is Left 4 Dead so hyped

As someone who doesn't know much about the game and never played a Valve game before (except a tiny bit of CSS), I can list a few reasons.

1. Zombies
2. Valve is obviously a hell of a dev
3. the replay value
4. We've still seen very little. So far we've almost only ever seen the city map and recently a tiny bit of a forest map. So if every video you see is them running through the same building, of course it's going to look not that interesting. But there's quite a bit of variation in the game. Until now it's been riding the hype of our imaginatinos. But once it gets closer to release, we're going to be hit with a whole whack of new screens and vids. I imagine these will fulfill the imagination hype.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Don't know but people here think that I'll be bigger that LBP.

ctk495 said:

I don't really see type about it being better then LBP, I mean people are just describing why the game is hyped.

Now the LBP threads are a tad crazy, I mean those threads are like worship, heck even the non threads about LBP are worship if you just mention the name... watch.. give it a few, you'll see in this thread lol.

Sierra makes damn good games, and I have no doubt this will be worth the hype, or just about up to hype.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

ROFLOL...well, because of it's publisher, but compared to Fable 2 and Gears 2, I'm not sure why you think this game has been hyped? I'm getting it, eventhough I'm not really into scary games, simply because the co-op looks great. I'm not really sure HOW this game is being hyped, as compare to several others, like LBP for example. but hey...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Because it's Valve. They've never made a bad game.

Around the Network

AHHHH I'M LATE.

I'M LATE TO THE THREAD.

A) AI Director. It makes every game unique...the same replayability of an online multiplayer game like CS, TF2, Halo 3, whatever. It's not like Resistance, COD5, whatever, where it's the same game every time with co-op.

B) Valve. Trust Valve.

C) User maps.  Zombie mods of so many games were the thing for years and years.   Left 4 Dead was Turtle Rock's and now Valve's answer to everyones' mods...their own, superior "zombie mod," from which more mods can be made. Shopping malls, skyscrapers, space stations? Tons of maps are already being made.

D) I'm tired...I haven't been coming here enough lately...I'm too absorbed in the left4dead411.com forums and the official Steam forums, and I just bought Fallout 3 to keep me busy.

E) HOLY CRAP CHICAGO HAS GIANT L4D BILLBOARDS ON EVERY CORNER it's so great.

F) I'm sorry if I've been absent lately, I'll try to remedy it, but it's becoming increasingly hard.  Chances are the L4D demo comes out in a little over a week for pre-orderers, 2 weeks for the rest of the world.  2 weeks after waiting 2 years for this game?  AGH!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

cuz its a Valve game.
People know Valve makes quality good and innovative games.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

What Ihira said. Valve has a track record for making some great games. And you have to realize something about valve games. When they first hype them, you never really realize what makes the game just from the screenshots or videos.

I think everytime Valve has released a game, it never looked all that special when they were initially hyping it. Why is that? Because what makes Valve games great is not the graphics, or anything you can just catch by a quick gameplay video or a screenshot. They always tend to make this wonderful environment and feel to a game that you can only experience actually playing the game.

Like my personal experience with their games, when i play them, at first i wonder whats so special about it, then as you play the game, you just get sucked into it. Its like Portal, what makes the game great isnt just the portal and the puzzles, but just the subtle tone of it as you play, and how the tone and environment of the game just changes throughout the gameplay.

stof said:
As someone who doesn't no much about the game and never played a Valve game before (except a tiny bit of CSS), I can list a few reasons.

1. Zombies
2. Valve is obviously a hell of a dev
3. the replay value
4. We've still seen very little. So far we've almost only ever seen the city map and recently a tiny bit of a forest map. So if every video you see is them running through the same building, of course it's going to look not that interesting. But there's quite a bit of variation in the game. Until now it's been riding the hype of our imaginatinos. But once it gets closer to release, we're going to be hit with a whole whack of new screens and vids. I imagine these will fulfill the imagination hype.

5. Zombies

ctk495 said:

I don't know ctk495, you're pretty good, but I think LBP is just a bit better than you this time. No offence, you're up against LBP, and that thing is HUGE.

=P