By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles Highest Rated next gen JRPG according to Metacritic

According to metacritic, it has an 87 rating thus far (which is higher then any other next gen jrpg). Now i know it's only early and this could change but it looks very good for the title. This could generate some interest in the game. I loved the demo and it's a day one purchase for me.  I hope the good reviews keep coming. 

Around the Network

Yah this game looks awesome. I can't wait for it to come out, with this and Disgaea 3 it seems like the Playstation 3 might finally be turning the corner to regain the best RPG platform title the PS2 had so securely. It more or less will come down to whether White Knight Chronicles lives up to the hype, if it does the days of "OMG the PS3 isn't there for JRPG lovers!" argument will be dead forever.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

you should put how many reviewers it has... now i have to type in metacritic.com in my browser and search for the title to find out.... oh... out of 4

valkyria chornicles is actually a srpg not a rpg, just like disgaea 3. tales of vesperia and lost odyssey are rpg's. either way valkyria chronicles is a very nice game and i am getting it on launch day too.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Impulsivity said:
Yah this game looks awesome. I can't wait for it to come out, with this and Disgaea 3 it seems like the Playstation 3 might finally be turning the corner to regain the best RPG platform title the PS2 had so securely. It more or less will come down to whether White Knight Chronicles lives up to the hype, if it does the days of "OMG the PS3 isn't there for JRPG lovers!" argument will be dead forever.

Those games are srpgs, right, not jrpgs? They are a much more niche genre, and...not the same thing as a jrpg.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

FOR THE LAST TIME!

Valkyria Chronicles isn't a JRPG

its an SRPG.....n SRPG fans actually have many games on PS3 for them including this n disgaee 3..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
FOR THE LAST TIME!

its an SRPG.....n SRPG fans actually have many games on PS3 for them including this n disgaee 3..

I agree completely, as made clear by my love for Disgaea 3, Radiant Dawn, and my last post.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Jeezus, we just started this gen a couple years ago, and they've already made games for the next gen? And on top of that, they're already being rated!

izaaz101 said:
Jeezus, we just started this gen a couple years ago, and they've already made games for the next gen? And on top of that, they're already being rated!

Well i do thank you for not contributing anything to the discussion at hand. But to explain why i said "Next Gen", had i left that out another smart ass like yourself would have came into the thread and made reference to rpgs from handhelds, ps2 etc etc. There is just no way to get rid of these remarks on this site as you now have shown.... 

darthdevidem01 said:
FOR THE LAST TIME!

While i agree this topic has been discussed before, according to the site mod naznatips , along with alot of members of this site a srpg like Valkyria Chronicles is still classified as a jrpg. Thread discussed in :

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44225