By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rant: Is Nintendo being honest with consumer?

ssj12 said:
is any company honest with customers? no

QFT, Sony lies, Nintendo lies, and don't even get me started on MS....

@ Legend11, 

Let us know what your mom thinks of the brain training, I have been thinking of getting one for my parents to use but I am not sure if they would use it (or like it for that matter).

As for Wii Fit, it is going to a sell a TON of copies to the fitness crowd I think. (warning anecdote incoming)  Practically everybody I mention the "game" to says they would at least be extremely interested in trying it out. Now if Wii Fit is as good of an application for showing of the BB as Wii Sports is/was for the Wii this is going to move a lot of consoles.  If that happens the Wii might be sold out until March '09.... 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
naznatips said:
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:
I think Wii Fit is much more likely to help people who don't normally exercise to be active because it's much more of a game.

Wii Fit seems to be more something for people who already exercise or do yoga or whatever and most of the stuff on it are not games.

I don't think Wii Fit is much of an innovation, on the other hand Wii Sports is a totally new and unique thing. Wii Fit is just another exercise accessory.

I dont really see how it can make you fit. If you barely move.

A lot of the excerises are valid such as Push Ups, but yeah I don't see this helping a whole lot (this is comming from someone who does an hour of cardio a day).

Push ups alone wont make a difference.

mM
leo-j said:
naznatips said:
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:
I think Wii Fit is much more likely to help people who don't normally exercise to be active because it's much more of a game.

Wii Fit seems to be more something for people who already exercise or do yoga or whatever and most of the stuff on it are not games.

I don't think Wii Fit is much of an innovation, on the other hand Wii Sports is a totally new and unique thing. Wii Fit is just another exercise accessory.

A lot of the excerises are valid such as Push Ups, but yeah I don't see this helping a whole lot (this is comming from someone who does an hour of cardio a day).

I said "such as."  I'll reserve my judgement for how effective the game is till it comes out.  If done right this really could be a valid way to **help** stay in shape, but I doubt it's going to function as a major weight loss product.

Sqrl said:

@ Legend11, 

Let us know what your mom thinks of the brain training, I have been thinking of getting one for my parents to use but I am not sure if they would use it (or like it for that matter).

My mom loved it.  There was a small family get together at my parents place last night (sisters, brother, nephews,  and a few cousins) and I gave it to her then.  Everyone took turns playing it and competing in Brain Age, it was a hit :)  It kind of reminded me of when I was really young and my sisters, brother, and a cousin would play board games like Monopoly.  It was a really good party game.  It kind of made me wish there was a Wii there (strangely enough both my sisters knew almost nothing about the Wii at all, and even my young nephews age 5 and 6 years old had never heard of it).

leo-j said:
naznatips said:
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:

actually any exercise will make a difference if you do it long enough and often enough.