By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rant: Is Nintendo being honest with consumer?

i personally am on the Lindsey Lohan diet to lose weight......... cocaine, alcohol, and reckless driving ;)

i don't think N ever made these claims, media makes this kind of shit up.

and just b/c it's used in hospitals doesn't mean anything, they also used to blood let, so their you go.

Around the Network
vizunary said:
i personally am on the Lindsey Lohan diet to lose weight......... cocaine, alcohol, and reckless driving ;)

and just b/c it's used in hospitals doesn't mean anything, they also used to blood let, so their you go.

"Their" you go, maybe. I personally don't want to enter a place where the people somehow see a logical connection between Brain Age and pre-20th century medical practices.

I bought a DS and Brain Age earlier tonight :) I'll give it to my mom over the weekend. I was surprised to see that both Wal-Mart and Zellers (a Canadian chain similar to Wal-Mart) both had Wiis in stock when I was doing some comparison shopping at those stores. Although Wal-Mart only had 1 which I'm sure will likely be gone by tomorrow, Zellers on the otherhand had at least 4 (possibly more since their display cases were overcrowded and it looked like that's as much space as they could allow for Wii boxes. I just wish taxes weren't so high here or I'd buy them all and sell them on Ebay :(

Desroko said:
vizunary said:

"Their" you go, maybe. I personally don't want to enter a place where the people somehow see a logical connection between Brain Age and pre-20th century medical practices.

Then you may want to pack a bag and jump on the next space shuttle.  The connection is there.  Exercising your brain to reduce what amounts to brain atrophy is analogous to jogging every morning to keep from getting lazy or overweight.  It's not a cure-all, but it certainly helps.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

I think Wii Fit is much more likely to help people who don't normally exercise to be active because it's much more of a game.

Wii Fit seems to be more something for people who already exercise or do yoga or whatever and most of the stuff on it are not games.

I don't think Wii Fit is much of an innovation, on the other hand Wii Sports is a totally new and unique thing. Wii Fit is just another exercise accessory.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
I think Wii Fit is much more likely to help people who don't normally exercise to be active because it's much more of a game.

Wii Fit seems to be more something for people who already exercise or do yoga or whatever and most of the stuff on it are not games.

I don't think Wii Fit is much of an innovation, on the other hand Wii Sports is a totally new and unique thing. Wii Fit is just another exercise accessory.

It'll definately sell a lot though, it seems like every piece of exercise equipment that becomes popular sells extremely well.

is any company honest with customers? no

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ckmlb said:

I dont really see how it can make you fit. If you barely move.

mM
WiteoutKing said:
Desroko said:
vizunary said:

Then you may want to pack a bag and jump on the next space shuttle. The connection is there. Exercising your brain to reduce what amounts to brain atrophy is analogous to jogging every morning to keep from getting lazy or overweight. It's not a cure-all, but it certainly helps.

I don't think you understood what I was saying.

leo-j said:
ckmlb said:

I dont really see how it can make you fit. If you barely move.

A lot of the excerises are valid such as Push Ups, but yeah I don't see this helping a whole lot (this is comming from someone who does an hour of cardio a day).