By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The pillars of sonys exclusive lineup seem shakey

Aj_habfan said:
It's one game that most wanted for a headset. And it still got great sales.

People should have saved themselves 10 bucks and bought a standalone bluetooth headset.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Aj_habfan said:
It's one game that most wanted for a headset. And it still got great sales.

People should have saved themselves 10 bucks and bought a standalone bluetooth headset.

Have you played the game? Other than the server issues it's actually really enjoyable. Of course that's just my opinion. Hell I spent $40 on it without a headset. I wish I had gotten the headset though, but at the time I needed a game, dead space wasn't at walmart and neither was the headset or Socom with the headset and I had a gift card. Looking back now I should have waited although I got a good weeks play with it before R2 beta, Fable and all the games I'm getting in the next few weeks.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
? I might have just signed up with an account here but I've been coming to this site as a guest for most of a year now and I never came across many posts claiming Confrontation was a big game for the ps3. I saw a lot more posts hyping Too Human. So with your logic did Too Human's reviews make the 360's 2008 lineup crumble?

An excellent point from a new guy.  Awesome.  So Strategy, are the 360's pillars shaking?

once servers are fixed i can see it being a 80 average

Torillian said:
Solid_Raiden said:
? I might have just signed up with an account here but I've been coming to this site as a guest for most of a year now and I never came across many posts claiming Confrontation was a big game for the ps3. I saw a lot more posts hyping Too Human. So with your logic did Too Human's reviews make the 360's 2008 lineup crumble?

An excellent point from a new guy. Awesome. So Strategy, are the 360's pillars shaking?

That was a good post, but 1 game doesn't make a year for a console.

I think the point was, when people were listing the best PS3 games these holidays, they would slip in not-so-AAA titles like SOCOM to make the list bigger, and I think Strategy is just pulling them up on that.

When the issues are fixed, I'll buy SOCOM.

Around the Network

exactly Calamity, neither console has shaky pillars of gaming due to one dissapointment. It's bound to happen, every game can't be great.

The pillars of MS's exclusive lineup seem steady we start with TOO HUMAN .... OH WAIT

I wouldn't call it a pillar, but it is a blow to Sony. I think one of the thinks that they should be really trying to push in the fight against XBL is the bigger releases that they have on the PSN, such as Warhawk, GT 5 Prologue, WipEout HD, Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty and SOCOM, and so it is a disappointment with SOCOM, especially when the problem should have been solved easily and it should not really be a shock after the issues they had with the beta.

However, I would call MS PR (which has had slight disappointing reviews), R2 (only 1 review so far) and LBP (currently the 16 highest rated game of all time on game rankings, just behind Bioshock 360....) the 3 pillars of Sony's line-up. I don't think they have even announced a SOCOM release date for Europe, their biggest market!

The game is actually pretty good. Nowhere near a 60. Most of those reviews came before the servers were actually active so that is kind of unfair.

I'd give it an 80 myself just because there is no unlockable stuff and there is very limited customization options. The clan support is good though.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

It was never anywhere near the level of Rsistance 2 or LBP. It was kind of a second tier game, like Motorstorm 2.