By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The pillars of sonys exclusive lineup seem shakey

Week 1 in US - 210k + probablly 20-40k downloads

It will outsell every other online game this gen.
It will outsell Haze.
It will outsell Too Human.

Bad score? Yes
Bad sales? No
Is the game bad? Yes
Will it be fixed? Yes

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

It will outsell Haze.

Bad score? Yes
Bad sales? No
Is the game bad? Yes
Will it be fixed? Yes

this

First off...that is only 7 reviews and doesn't include an 8.9 that it got from some reviewer that was posted on here

Secondly, all the reviews basically say the same thing, a good/very good/great game that is hampered by very bad technical issues and the score would be a lot higher if not for them. (some of them even saying they will change their review once the issues are fixed)

Lastly, it still had a 210k opening in NA (not including PSN downloads)

Jo21 said:

Max King of the Wild said:

It will outsell Haze.
(Other games that were suppose to be pillars)

Bad score? Yes
Bad sales? No
Is the game bad? Yes
Will it be fixed? Yes

When releasing a game people will look at 2 things. A. how previous games in the franchise have been performing and B. How similar games have been performing lately.

So keeping those 2 in mind we can come to this conclusion

SOCOM's trend in sales are that the game is decreasing with each release and it doesn't help them at all that the cut out any type of SP and focused all on online... (making it more likely sales will be effected even more)

SOCOM being an online only game will sell more than Warhawk, Shadowrun, and UT3 (the SP in this game shouldn't be there)

So looking at franchise sales trend and other online only games SOCOM will be successful.

this

Let me ad another statement and go into more detail

Strategyking92 said:
Kyros said:
I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?

200k first week US only. Not exactly a bad start for the possibly least hyped of the Sony exclusives.

LittleBigPlanet gets one perfect score after another. Resistance2 shapes up to be a blockbuster and Motorstorm2 has been called the best off-road racer in ign reviews. And Killzone2 is not far behind.

So yes I still think its fair to say that the PS3 lineup is better than that of the 360. Although not much better. Gears2 and Fable2 are two big hitters. Gears possibly the biggest game this christmas.

Both absolutely destroy the Wii "lineup" (if you can say that) of course.

Wii music?

We have 20 copies sitting in our store.  Haven't sold a single one, as far as I know.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Strategyking92 said:
Kyros said:
I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?

200k first week US only. Not exactly a bad start for the possibly least hyped of the Sony exclusives.

LittleBigPlanet gets one perfect score after another. Resistance2 shapes up to be a blockbuster and Motorstorm2 has been called the best off-road racer in ign reviews. And Killzone2 is not far behind.

So yes I still think its fair to say that the PS3 lineup is better than that of the 360. Although not much better. Gears2 and Fable2 are two big hitters. Gears possibly the biggest game this christmas.

Both absolutely destroy the Wii "lineup" (if you can say that) of course.

Wii music?

We have 20 copies sitting in our store.  Haven't sold as single one, as far as I know.

They are hot cakes :P

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
libellule said:
@Strategyking92,

how can u call a non event, "a pillar"

IMO it is a non sense.

I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?  jeez. Not to mention evry sony fanboy mentions it as one of the reasons the ps3 line-up is better. I  want to see their list now. Without the game we have had all year with *exclusive ZOMG!* challenge rooms you have to pay for.

You really think this game was going to make or break Sony's holiday lineup? It's a $40 online only game, I never saw much hype for it, it was just a game added to some people's list based off it's name alone.

Wii music?

I rest my case