By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The pillars of sonys exclusive lineup seem shakey

The Wii has the weakest lineup, IMO, followed by the 360 and with the PS3 out in front.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
jpcsfsd said:
I am a Socom diehard and I have been waiting patiently to play this game. I was going to buy a PS3 because of this game. Now reading about the game at the boards at playstation.com and speaking with friends that play the game I will not be purchasing this game or the system (I really wanted to play Resistance 2 , damn it). I will be purchasing another 360. My 20 gig HD is almost full of my music so I am going to buy a 60 gig Xbox.

Now I will admit I am a little bias towards Xbox in loyalty but I have owned every PS that came out (about 3 PS2's) but when it comes to purchasing things in real life I could give a crap who makes it as long as it is something I want. I have absolutely no interest in LBP (I am 32 years old and generally into shooters WRPG and action games) and I am not purchasing a system for Resistance when I can play gears.

Dunno in my head it seems like buying the 360 makes more sense which is kind of sad for sony. And the 3 main reasons for buying the Xbox this year is price, new harddrive, and system link (me and a buddy love playing coop).

Just my 2 cents. Peace

To each his own. If you would prefer a second xbox then you are entitled to do so and even enjoy the hell out of it. Even though the server had problems (most of which are fixed now) it got some bad word of mouth. But it's really a very good game. It plays a lot like Socom 2. It has new maps and some old favorites and some really fun game modes. Also, you say you like shooters and it really seems like SONY is the one pushing for new great shooters. Case in point, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MAG. And on the subject of MAG, it is made by ZIPPER the true creators of Socom and I'm sure it's going to be an incredible experiance for Socom fans. Socom with 250 players sounds epic. There will also be plenty of new action games coming to the ps3 but unfortunatley I don't recall any new exclusive WRPG's coming. But my point is this, buying another system when you already own one is only going to add more and more games for you to play on top of the ones your playing. I wouldn't even say this to you if you didn't already own a 360 but owning a 360 and a ps3 can only win you more imho. You'll get games like Socom Confrontation, MAG, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted, Warhawk, God of War 3, and so many other exclusives with new ones coming out and unanounced. 360 + ps3 = win.

PS3 Trophies

makingmusic476 said:

The only thing I ever expected Socom to do was get the Socom die hards who haven't picked up ps3s yet to finally hop on board (like my cousin's boyfriend).

Socom was a $40 downloadable title akin to Warhawk, Siren, and GT5P, and it was made by a second party developer rather than Zipper Interactive.

Actually, prior to E3 many thought this was just a placeholder Socom while Zipper was working on Socom 4, the next "real" Socom.   The announcement of MAG blew that theory out the window.

Hmmmmm.... Pretty much everything in this post. And I'd also like to the add that the bugs and server issues were a major reason for the scores.

4 ≈ One

@Strategyking92,

how can u call a non event, "a pillar"

IMO it is a non sense.

Time to Work !

Strategyking92 said:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/socomconfrontation

Okay, I am seeing ps3 users use socom confrontation as one of their pillars of a great holiday season. But now the game got a bad score. Wow, great series, but a bad entry. Did this shock anybody, and how does it affect the great sony lineup this year?

socom has had a great opening week for the type of game it is, i predict it will sell many more wordlwide, this game is a deffo day one purchase for me, all they need to do is patch the servers and it will be a superb game.

some stupid reviewrs have reviewed it as it is, they should wait a few weeks i know this should have been fixed upon release but thats the way it goes.

as far as im concered and many others also,socom is a game they have been waiting for plus it also comes with the new hq enabled headset.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
libellule said:
@Strategyking92,

IMO it is a non sense.

I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?  jeez. Not to mention evry sony fanboy mentions it as one of the reasons the ps3 line-up is better. I  want to see their list now. Without the game we have had all year with *exclusive ZOMG!* challenge rooms you have to pay for.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?

200k first week US only. Not exactly a bad start for the possibly least hyped of the Sony exclusives.

LittleBigPlanet gets one perfect score after another. Resistance2 shapes up to be a blockbuster and Motorstorm2 has been called the best off-road racer in ign reviews. And Killzone2 is not far behind.

So yes I still think its fair to say that the PS3 lineup is better than that of the 360. Although not much better. Gears2 and Fable2 are two big hitters. Gears possibly the biggest game this christmas.

Both absolutely destroy the Wii "lineup" (if you can say that) of course.

Kyros said:
I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?

200k first week US only. Not exactly a bad start for the possibly least hyped of the Sony exclusives.

LittleBigPlanet gets one perfect score after another. Resistance2 shapes up to be a blockbuster and Motorstorm2 has been called the best off-road racer in ign reviews. And Killzone2 is not far behind.

So yes I still think its fair to say that the PS3 lineup is better than that of the 360. Although not much better. Gears2 and Fable2 are two big hitters. Gears possibly the biggest game this christmas.

Both absolutely destroy the Wii "lineup" (if you can say that) of course.

Wii music?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
libellule said:
@Strategyking92,

IMO it is a non sense.

I don't know, maybe selling 200k makes it a non event?  jeez. Not to mention evry sony fanboy mentions it as one of the reasons the ps3 line-up is better. I  want to see their list now. Without the game we have had all year with *exclusive ZOMG!* challenge rooms you have to pay for.

ps3 lineup is better and has been better all year, all thats been released so far for my hddvd player is crappy 2human and gaiden2. end of year theres only gears2 and l4d that r of any importance. banjo il pass as its more of a cartoonie driving game, fable its 2w short, theres nothing else availoable, i cannot picture buying any games for 360 this year im to busy with the excellent ps3 games. gamestation sell hddvd for 3.99 il pick up a few of them for sure. resistance - motorstorm - lbp - valkyre chronicles - socom - siren

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

@stratgyking
challenge rooms is not paid content.