Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has the strongest Lineup this holiday season

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I think the 360 has a stronger line up for November:

-Gears of War 2
-Banjo-Kazooie 3
-LIPS
-Left 4 Dead
-The Last Remnant

Not to mention it is getting all those big multi-plat games.

agreed.  I think the 360 lineup is better overall as well, but the PS3 one is also impressive.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Onyxmeth said:
kingofwale said:
Onyxmeth said:

What a nice comeback. I'm pretty sure sales will disagree, and so will the majority of opinions. Plus considering many PS3 owners have a singular complaint, lack of RPGs, I'm sure even many of them would be longing for this kind of Japanese attention. At the end of the day, as good as Little Big Planet is, it's still one good game and it's a platformer. I'd rather have good games and have variety. Let me know if you want me to name off the 360's lineup next.

Skate It

Personal Trainer: Cooking

I'm sorry... are those supposed to be "good" games? Let's not even get me started with the rest of the list.

Why don't you read up on them before you make snap judgements? I have the EU version of Personal Trainer Cooking, known as Cooking Guide, and it's amazing. Really top notch software. Skate It has been getting positive previews from all over. Please do "start" with the rest of the list though. I'd love to hear your wisdom about games I'm sure you've never heard of until now.

I'm sure you're right. Why would superior software be made for a platform with 80 million in hardware sales? Everyone knows the best software is always made for the worst selling platforms. Isn't that how it always works?

Well, a quick look at Gamerankings total number of DS games over the score of 80% is a good indication. And now compare that to say... PSP/PS3/Xbox360.

I think that question should be asked to Ubisoft, since they make a LOT of 'superior' software.

Oh ok. A quick look at Gamerankings also tells me Grand Theft Auto IV is better then Metal Gear Solid 4. You want to try again? Do note, that you approaching the Gamerankings angle may win you the fight against the DS, but it means you concede defeat to the 360, since it has the most games 80% and over. Any way you slice it, Gamerankings will not favor the PS3.

I did ask Ubisoft. I asked them how they managed superior software like the Spanish, French and Japanese Coach games and Jam Sessions. That was top notch stuff. I'm glad you like.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

thejuicingamer said:

no doubt about it the huge exclusives will definitly help this winter, just to refresh everyones mind

1. LBP- doesn't get any HUGER than this

2. Resistance 2- Story and Multiplayer look much improved and it now has a fanbase

3. Motorstorm 2- Amazing gameplay, Insane graphics,

4. Socom Confrontation- reviews don't matter for this game, hardcore fans still bought it

Definitly blows the competition out of the water,

1. Gears of War 2 - doesn't get any HUGER than this

2. Fable 2 - Having another Western RPG is nice since the genre isn't very crowded

3. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - It's cool that MS is trying to fill out the 360's software library

4. Left 4 Dead - Will be another great game that will get very good reviews

5. The Last Remnant - Who could have imagined there would be so many JRPGs on 360?

6. Tomb Raider Underworld: Beneath the Ashes - Get the full Tomb Raider Underworld experience on 360

7. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - PS3 version has been put on "hold" so enjoy this 360 console exclusive

8. Fallout 3 exclusive DLC - Why not get the full experience?

9. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - I know it was released in September but it's still pretty new

10. Scene it?  Box Office Smash - How can people still call the 360 just a shooter box?

11. Naruto: The Broken Bond - Is it true that the PS3's Naruto game has no online fighting?   LOL...

12. Lips - Another game to help fill out the 360's library

13. Legendary - Play it first on 360... Notice a familiar trend?

14. You're in the Movies - Become a scream queen, zombie, or kung-fu fighter...  Another non-FPS for the 360

15. GTAIV Episode 1 - I saved this for last but if it comes out this year it'll be huge...

Add in all the multiplats (Mirror's Edge, Endwar, Guitar Hero: World Tour, etc) and you have a pretty good lineup for the system.  I'd say it's at least as good as PS3's...

LBP = most overrated game this gen.

man, it sucks cause the wii has a pretty shitty line up for christmas this year.
ya, right now, IMO

DS> 360> PS3/Wii> PSP in terms of this holiday season

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I think the 360 has a stronger line up for November:

-Gears of War 2
-Banjo-Kazooie 3
-LIPS
-Left 4 Dead
-The Last Remnant

Not to mention it is getting all those big multi-plat games.

last remant its will be available on the ps3, and lips its rip off of sing star that already have regions especific bundles!

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
kingofwale said:
Onyxmeth said:
kingofwale said:
Onyxmeth said:

What a nice comeback. I'm pretty sure sales will disagree, and so will the majority of opinions. Plus considering many PS3 owners have a singular complaint, lack of RPGs, I'm sure even many of them would be longing for this kind of Japanese attention. At the end of the day, as good as Little Big Planet is, it's still one good game and it's a platformer. I'd rather have good games and have variety. Let me know if you want me to name off the 360's lineup next.

Skate It

I'm sorry... are those supposed to be "good" games? Let's not even get me started with the rest of the list.

Why don't you read up on them before you make snap judgements? I have the EU version of Personal Trainer Cooking, known as Cooking Guide, and it's amazing. Really top notch software. Skate It has been getting positive previews from all over. Please do "start" with the rest of the list though. I'd love to hear your wisdom about games I'm sure you've never heard of until now.

I'm sure you're right. Why would superior software be made for a platform with 80 million in hardware sales? Everyone knows the best software is always made for the worst selling platforms. Isn't that how it always works?

Well, a quick look at Gamerankings total number of DS games over the score of 80% is a good indication. And now compare that to say... PSP/PS3/Xbox360.

I think that question should be asked to Ubisoft, since they make a LOT of 'superior' software.

Oh ok. A quick look at Gamerankings also tells me Grand Theft Auto IV is better then Metal Gear Solid 4. You want to try again? Do note, that you approaching the Gamerankings angle may win you the fight against the DS, but it means you concede defeat to the 360, since it has the most games 80% and over. Any way you slice it, Gamerankings will not favor the PS3.

I did ask Ubisoft. I asked them how they managed superior software like the Spanish, French and Japanese Coach games and Jam Sessions. That was top notch stuff. I'm glad you like.

Both GTAIV and MGS4 got high reviews... so, I don't seem to get your argument.

Somehow you are mistaken this with "defeat to the 360"... again, if this argument has anything OTHER than to talk about the games you listed and whether they actually deserve to be listed here... let me know now.

To say how DS has superior software just because it sold a bunch of hardware is absolutely wrong. I don't think anybody is here to dispute that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Onyxmeth said:
kingofwale said:
Onyxmeth said:
kingofwale said:
Onyxmeth said:

Skate It

LOL Why people always introduce gamerankings into debate when they can't back up their arguments by sales numbers. Also why taking 80% as a quality mark? Why not 70% or 75% or 85% or 90%? The reality is simple : DS is the King this gen about quality games like PS2 was last gen. Now the question is which one have the second best library? 

Good software can't be judged by reviews. Reviews say that a lot of games are good that I don't agree with. So I'm supposed to except that they are good because someone else says so. Good software is in the eyes of the beholder not an outside party.

Best lineup is purely speculative and will never be right or wrong. We could even all come to a common agreement and none of us could be deemed right as that would be saying its a fact when there is no fact. This can be proven just by the amount of different opinions on which has the best lineup as PS3, 360, and DS have all popped up. So why argue something that is perspective. Now that truly is spamming.

Secondly stop giving LittleBigPlanet such a free ride haha. Yea its a good game and evolutionary in many aspects but shouldn't be held above the rest. I mean its no Zelda or MGS or really strong proven franchise which I would agree could be held above the law.

Hey Look.
What?
Someone is saying I'm wrong at internet.
Yea?
THIS MEANS WAR.
THIS IS MADNESS?

Take my love, take my land..

Legend11 said:
thejuicingamer said:

no doubt about it the huge exclusives will definitly help this winter, just to refresh everyones mind

1. LBP- doesn't get any HUGER than this

2. Resistance 2- Story and Multiplayer look much improved and it now has a fanbase

3. Motorstorm 2- Amazing gameplay, Insane graphics,

4. Socom Confrontation- reviews don't matter for this game, hardcore fans still bought it

Definitly blows the competition out of the water,

1. Gears of War 2 - doesn't get any HUGER than this

2. Fable 2 - Having another Western RPG is nice since the genre isn't very crowded

3. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - It's cool that MS is trying to fill out the 360's software library

4. Left 4 Dead - Will be another great game that will get very good reviews

5. The Last Remnant - Who could have imagined there would be so many JRPG games on 360?

6. Tomb Raider Underworld: Beneath the Ashes - Get the full Tomb Raider Underworld experience on 360

7. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - PS3 version has been put on "hold" so enjoy this 360 console exclusive

8. Fallout 3 exclusive DLC - Why not get the full experience?

9. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - I know it was released in September but it's still pretty new

10. Scene it?  Box Office Smash - How can people still call the 360 just a shooter box?

11. Naruto: The Broken Bond - Is it true that the PS3's Naruto game has no online fighting?   LOL...

12. Lips - Another game to help fill out the 360's library

13. Legendary - Play it first on 360... Notice a familiar trend?

14. You're in the Movies - Become a scream queen, zombie, or kung-fu fighter...  Another non-FPS for the 360

15. GTAIV Episode 1 - I saved this for last but if it comes out this year it'll be huge...

Add in all the multiplats (Mirror's Edge, Endwar, Guitar Hero: World Tour, etc) and you have a pretty good lineup for the system.  I'd say it's at least as good as PS3's...

1) Agreed

2) Agreed

3) I'm not dignifying that with a response.

4) People said SOCOM would get good reviews...

5) What is this desperate attempt to stuff the 360 with JRPGs? Besides, PS3 has WKC.

6) What the hell is the 'full Tomb Raider experience'? It's a multiplat.

7) It'll come eventually, and how many RTS games work on consoles?

8) DLC does not equal game. And it's paid. BioShock gets exclusive PS3 DLC.

9) Not technically holiday lineup, it's had its impact.

10) The Wii has Cooking Mama: Cook Off. Stop naming pointless games that nobody will like. It's a sequel to a game with a 73 metascore...

11) I am getting annoyed at Microsoft.

12) SingStar > Lips

13) Get your facts straight. It's a same day release on both consoles.

14) Look at us, we're Nintendo!

15) That isn't even confirmed to be 360 exclusive and veryh little information about it is available.

While we're madly listing games, some of them not even exclusive:

October 23, 2008 Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Hothead Games (2) Adventure
October 23, 2008 Prince of Persia Classic Ubisoft Action
October 23, 2008 Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer EastAsiaSoft Shooter
October 26, 2008 Guitar Hero World Tour Activision Music
October 26, 2008 Guitar Hero World Tour (Complete Band Game) Activision Music
October 26, 2008 Guitar Hero World Tour (Complete Guitar Game) Activision Music
October 28, 2008 Fallout 3 Bethesda Softworks RPG
October 28, 2008 Fallout 3 (Collector's Edition) Bethesda Softworks RPG
October 28, 2008 Fallout 3 (Survival Edition) Bethesda Softworks RPG
October 28, 2008 Legendary Gamecock Shooter
October 28, 2008 LittleBigPlanet Sony Computer Entertainment Platformer
October 28, 2008 MotoGP 08 Capcom Racing
October 28, 2008 MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Sony Computer Entertainment Racing
October 28, 2008 SCORE International Baja 1000 Activision Racing
October 28, 2008 SingStar Vol. 2 (game & microphone) Sony Computer Entertainment Music
October 28, 2008 SingStar Vol. 2 (game only) Sony Computer Entertainment Music
November 2, 2008 AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack MTV Games Music
November 4, 2008 History Civil War: Secret Missions Activision Shooter
November 4, 2008 Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Activision Platformer
November 4, 2008 Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Namco Bandai Fighting
November 4, 2008 Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (Limited Edition) Namco Bandai Fighting
November 4, 2008 Quantum of Solace Activision Action
November 4, 2008 Quantum of Solace (Collector's Edition) Activision Action
November 4, 2008 Resistance 2 Sony Computer Entertainment Shooter
November 4, 2008 Resistance 2 (Collector's Edition) Sony Computer Entertainment Shooter
November 4, 2008 SBK: Superbike World Championship Conspiracy Entertainment Racing
November 4, 2008 Tom Clancy's EndWar Ubisoft Strategy
November 4, 2008 Tom Clancy's EndWar (Limited Bluetooth Headset Edition) Ubisoft Strategy
November 4, 2008 Valkyria Chronicles SEGA Action
RPG
November 9, 2008 WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 THQ Wrestling
November 9, 2008 WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (Collector's Edition) THQ Wrestling
November 11, 2008 Call of Duty: World at War Activision Shooter
November 11, 2008 Mirror's Edge Electronic Arts Action
Adventure
November 11, 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Konami Sports
November 11, 2008 Rock Revolution (with Drum Kit) Konami Music
November 12, 2008 Age of Booty Capcom Strategy
November 16, 2008 Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Midway Games Fighting
November 16, 2008 Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Kollector's Edition) Midway Games Fighting
November 16, 2008 Shaun White Snowboarding Ubisoft Sports
November 16, 2008 Shaun White Snowboarding (Target Edition) Ubisoft Sports
November 17, 2008 Need for Speed Undercover Electronic Arts Racing
November 18, 2008 Alone in the Dark: Inferno Atari Adventure
November 18, 2008 Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 2 Konami Music
November 18, 2008 NPPL: Championship Paintball 2009 Activision Value Pinball
November 18, 2008 Rock Band: Track Pack Volume 2 MTV Games Music
November 18, 2008 Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge Valcon Games Racing
November 18, 2008 Sonic Unleashed SEGA Action
November 18, 2008 Tomb Raider Underworld Eidos Interactive Action
November 18, 2008 Walt Disney Pictures Bolt Disney Interactive Studios Action
December 1, 2008 Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon THQ Adventure
December 2, 2008 NCAA Basketball 09 Electronic Arts Sports
December 2, 2008 Prince of Persia Ubisoft Platformer
December 2, 2008 Prince of Persia (Limited Edition) Ubisoft Platformer
December 2, 2008 SingStar ABBA Sony Computer Entertainment Music
December 16, 2008 Damnation Codemasters Shooter
Q4 2008 Pain: Movie Studio Sony Computer Entertainment Action
December 30, 2008 X-Blades SouthPeak Games Action
TBA 2008 Babo: Invasion HeadGames Publishing Shooter
TBA 2008 Bomberman Ultra Hudson Soft Action
TBA 2008 Cinnamon Beats Music
Action
TBA 2008 Dark Mist Sony Computer Entertainment Adventure
TBA 2008 Ember Sony Computer Entertainment Other
TBA 2008 Flock Capcom Puzzle
Action
TBA 2008 GTI Club + Konami Racing
TBA 2008 Lumines Supernova Q Entertainment Puzzle
Action
TBA 2008 MLB Front Office Manager 2K Sports Sports
TBA 2008 PlayStation Home Sony Computer Entertainment Productivity
TBA 2008 PowerUp Forever Namco Bandai Shooter
TBA 2008 Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic Sony Computer Entertainment Fighting
TBA 2008 Savage Moon Sony Computer Entertainment Strategy
TBA 2008 Scourge Project, The TBA Shooter
TBA 2008 Skyblue Sony Computer Entertainment Other
TBA 2008 Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Capcom Fighting
TBA 2008 Wheel of Fortune Sony Computer Entertainment Trivia

All PS3 games. Courtesy of IGN.

EDIT: While we're counting early October,

-Dead Space

-SOCOM: Confrontation

-FIFA 09

-BioShock

-Far Cry 2