By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Reviews Wii Music... Ouch.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/921/921024p1.html

IGN Ratings for Wii Music (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
6.0 Presentation
Polished interface and music video backdrops, Mii integration and WiiConnect24 support. List of songs is awful. MIDI renditions even worse.
5.0 Graphics
Similar to Wii Sports, Wii Music rocks a style so simple that it borders on barren, but it's also very clean and fluid.
4.0 Sound
Ugh. Really disappointing. A soundtrack fit for an elevator, all rendered in archaic MIDI. The entire track list could fit easily on an N64 cartridge.
5.0 Gameplay
Gimmicky. At times, seemingly pointless. Kids will love making noise, but everyone else will grow bored with the experience shortly after it begins.
5.0 Lasting Appeal
60 instruments and just as many songs, not to mention the ability to trade renditions with friends. There's even a four-player jam mode. It's all there, but the core package just isn't that fun.
Meh
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Regardless it'll still sell like hotcakes around the holidays

Seems like my original view that this is a piece of crap may be right after all.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Thats reall low, but it wont surprise me if it sells really well.

:|

:O

:/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

How come the first few reviews differ so much, it's got like two A grades and now a 5/10 :S

IGN gave Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut a 5 out of 10. And I loved that game.. I guess this game is going to be of that quality based on that score.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I can't say I expected much better.

Ouch indeed. I don't think there was anything that could change their mind from E3 08. Oh well I like the create music mode and that might be enough to warrant a buy for me.

no surprise at all, the reviewer totaly lack any musical talent at all

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints