By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Reviews Wii Music... Ouch.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Phendrana said:
YoppaDo said:
How come the first few reviews differ so much, it's got like two A grades and now a 5/10 :S

Because Matt was never going to give it a fair chance to begin with. When you're saying things like you can't wait for the game to arrive so you can trash it, you're not exactly a fair and balanced source.

Because if they score it high, it's suddenly a fair and balanced score.  Score it low and you're such a biased reviewer...

I love how it works. -_-

Great, I was waiting for a response like this. Thanks, WoW.

I wouldn't care if he gave it a bad review if he hadn't been putting the game down for months. He said he was going to give it a 3 well before he even had the chance to play it. He said he can't wait for it to arrive at the office so he can trash it. He posted a video purposely ruining songs to make the game look bad (or he's just really bad at it). He's been talking negatively about it every time it's brought up. Please tell me how I'm supposed to believe he went into this review with a neutral opinion?

Around the Network

IGN Review was always going to be biased against the Game, they hated it from the start, they did not even try to like it or understand it, it's bad Journalism.

God is real guys !

Words Of Wisdom said:
Phendrana said:
YoppaDo said:
How come the first few reviews differ so much, it's got like two A grades and now a 5/10 :S

Because Matt was never going to give it a fair chance to begin with. When you're saying things like you can't wait for the game to arrive so you can trash it, you're not exactly a fair and balanced source.

Because if they score it high, it's suddenly a fair and balanced score. Score it low and you're such a biased reviewer...

I love how it works. -_-

FAIL- earned from lack of interpretation... seems to be a lot of that lately in this forum haha.

Zucas said:
Soma said:
11ht11 said:

lol check out what IGN put for the new GHWT feature

Take an in-depth look at the real Wii Music.

Lol, yeah, they really hate Wii Music.... but, they talk good things about this Guitar Hero mode where you create your own music. Can the same be done on Wii Music? Can you create your own music, or only modify existing musics?

Of course.  Wii Music is based around creating your own music.  And you can also modify your own music but you can start from scratch as well.

Are you sure about that? I haven't seen videos or even something mentioned on reviews.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Soma said:

Zucas said:
Soma said:
11ht11 said:

Lol, yeah, they really hate Wii Music.... but, they talk good things about this Guitar Hero mode where you create your own music. Can the same be done on Wii Music? Can you create your own music, or only modify existing musics?

Of course. Wii Music is based around creating your own music. And you can also modify your own music but you can start from scratch as well.

Are you sure about that? I haven't seen videos or even something mentioned on reviews.

Am I sure?  I just watched a youtube video earlier posted on gonintendo where this guy showed people doing it.  Here's the link... first video:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=59687

Phendrana said:

Great, I was waiting for a response like this. Thanks, WoW.

I wouldn't care if he gave it a bad review if he hadn't been putting the game down for months. He said he was going to give it a 3 well before he even had the chance to play it. He said he can't wait for it to arrive at the office so he can trash it. He posted a video purposely ruining songs to make the game look bad (or he's just really bad at it). He's been talking negatively about it every time it's brought up. Please tell me how I'm supposed to believe he went into this review with a neutral opinion?

I have to assume that at one point in his life that he had never played Wii Music.  At that point he was neutral to it.  His review is a collection of everything he's seen, heard, and played of it so far.

Besides you act like IGN is one person.  As though no review is ever peer reviewed or proofread before it's posted.  I'd like to think that it wouldn't make the website unless at least 3 eyes said it was A-Okay.

Zucas said:

FAIL- earned from lack of interpretation... seems to be a lot of that lately in this forum haha.

Fail... something you know well from debates with Kasz right?  ^_^

Zucas said:
Soma said:

Zucas said:
Soma said:
11ht11 said:

Of course. Wii Music is based around creating your own music. And you can also modify your own music but you can start from scratch as well.

Am I sure?  I just watched a youtube video earlier posted on gonintendo where this guy showed people doing it.  Here's the link... first video:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=59687

Oh great thanks! I'll watch at home. I wonder why this wasn't mentioned on the reviews... or it was?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Words Of Wisdom said:
Zucas said:

Fail... something you know well from debates with Kasz right? ^_^

Oh people on this forum don't know anything about politics let alone foreign policy.  I just see it as a parrot yapping about nothing while I swarm in and give people real insight.  Kasz was just another bird acting like they know something about it when really its my insight that is a lot more credible when it comes to world issues.  You see it as arrogance I see it as realism.  But I'm alright with agreeing to disagree on it.