By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

hayeya_k said:
Good thing DmeisterJ that the other thread got locked,,,
i mean some of the responses there were downright ugly,, no respect to others at all!!!

Now to the game,,, it will hurt sony greatly at first, (recalls cost a lot u know),,, but i think the controversy will help the game at the end,,, now Bioshock, eternal sonata may sell well afterall !!!! But, Resistance2 and LBP so close to each other ????? scary

11 days apart. That's not a problem at all.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

LittleBigPlanet Release Update

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologize for any offense that this may have caused.

We will begin shipping LittleBigPlanet to retail in North America the week of October 27th. Sorry for the delay, and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get LittleBigPlanet to you as soon as possible. We’ll report back as soon as we have another update.

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-release-update/#comment-120928

That's not too bad, I suppose.

Now that is a *BIG* sigh of relief right there.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

So its 27th in Us and 31 in Europe, lol and people went crazy for nothing.

Euphoria14 said:
DMeisterJ said:

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologize for any offense that this may have caused.

We will begin shipping LittleBigPlanet to retail in North America the week of October 27th. Sorry for the delay, and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get LittleBigPlanet to you as soon as possible. We’ll report back as soon as we have another update.

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-release-update/#comment-120928

Yup. And see the benefits - more breathing space for great games like Eternal Sonata and Bioshock.

I hope it's a 1 week delay, I mean people getting crazy about a game. I still think Muslims are overacting about some lyrics, but doesn't mean people should start being anti-Muslim just because of a delay.

Around the Network
Griffin said:

But there was no probelm with the game and a bunch of crazy people went nuts and decided it need to be changed.  We all know what would of happened if Sony left it alone, there offices would of been bombed or trashed by a bunch of pissed of muslims.  The whole world is made of double standards and its getting really annoying.  If its about gays, minorities or religions, it seems people always need to bend off backwards to not be sued because some crazy people want things changed to suit them.

A bunch of crazy people didn't go nuts.
As far as I know Sony took the initiative. (the game isn't out yet how can people complain?)
They deemed it was innappropriate and sought to rectify it.

@Bolded
No we dont and you shouldn't assume.

Yes the world is made of double standards and life isn't fair just live with it the best way you can.
That's not much of an advice, I know...

I know you're pissed, so am I, and I think you just want to blame something for this unfortunate delay, but do you think it's fair for you to blame muslims and assume that they'll do something crazy just because sony decided to delay a game for something sony deemed innappropriate?
Those lyrics translation does seem pretty gloom for a kid friendly game anyway...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

hum, if it is only 1 week then it is a non event

all haters, come to me, I have crows for you!!!

Time to Work !

Xen said:
Euphoria14 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yup. And see the benefits - more breathing space for great games like Eternal Sonata and Bioshock.

I am not picking up either of the 2 so I could care less although I guess it will do some good for each game. I was about to cancel my pre-order after work and get Fable II instead this month. I guess I am still getting LittleBigPlanet.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Back at Nintendo's Headquarters in Kyoto, the villanous Dr. Wii Music von Doom* reacts to the news:

*yes I posted this in the other one, but I worked (sorta) hard on this, and I demand a recount!

I'm still sad that it's delayed, but another week isn't going to kill me.
Afterall it's just a game.