By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

Im sure they delayed the game because of Fable II is comming on the same day :)

Around the Network
xbox360 said:

Im sure they delayed the game because of Fable II is comming on the same day :)

heh just wait they will find something to push fable back with too, we are not going to have any new games release ever, everything will be stripped out. it will be monotone, with just a line

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

DMeisterJ said:
Zen is so funny.

He really doesn't want LBP to do good. It's pretty sad.

I've never shown you my true power DMJ. Teh sadness is the lease of you worries when release my final flash.

Yep, drunkerder than ahite.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
frybread said:
Xen said:
frybread said:
It's going to be hard for a non-game like LBP to stack up against traditional core games like Fallout 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Motorstorm, as well as more traditional casual games like Singstar, all on the same day.

Non-game?

lol @ you.

The definition from Wikipedia,

"The main difference between non-games and traditional video games is the apparent lack of goals, objectives and challenges.[2] This allows the player a greater degree of self-expression through freeform play, since he can set up his own goals to achieve."

LBP is a non-game.  Don't worry, it's not a curse word.

I can accept LBP is a non-game... But what will be Malstrom's reaction to such disruption coming from Sony instead of Nintendo??? 

I wouldn't call it disruptive, mainly due to the difficulty and pricepoint, it's going to mostly appeal to high-end gamers.  Imagine that, a non-game for hardcore gamers.    But LBP paves the way for disruption, if a company does it in a more mass-market friendly fashion.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I can't wait to see it come out at the end of October and crush Fables 2 sales like there wasn't even a delay in the first place. Then Fable 2 will be long forgotten when this game is out. Even if Fable II got a head start, LBP will still own it by the time it is released till the day PS3 is discontinued, thats how good it will be. Anyone who owns a PS3, buys a PS3.... should have this game in their list. It is a must have for anyone. Play! Share! Create!

Around the Network

I want an official european launch date, I haven't seen that yet and am worried that the original rumoured Nov 14 date will turn out to be true. At least NA has a date (sort of, more like a week, which could turn out to be as late as Nov 1st I guess), but if the delay is only ~1 week here in europe as well that is not a big deal.

Even a 3 week delay is nothing terrible, it is just a game and I don't think it'll hurt sales much.

fayewong said:
I can't wait to see it come out at the end of October and crush Fables 2 sales like there wasn't even a delay in the first place. Then Fable 2 will be long forgotten when this game is out. Even if Fable II got a head start, LBP will still own it by the time it is released till the day PS3 is discontinued, thats how good it will be. Anyone who owns a PS3, buys a PS3.... should have this game in their list. It is a must have for anyone. Play! Share! Create!

so what have you got for LBP in terms of sales? its going to have a splintered launch with some obaying the recall, a lot not. and we have a vgchartz est of fable being 1mill first week.  will it have more sales than fable with say 4 weeks of each games sales? Id like to see numbers for all the smack your talking

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog