By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Another major worry I just thought of:

Sony is rushing this.

What if they aren't able to meed demand, by not having time to print/ship enough units? What if the bundles aren't gonna make the new release date? What if it gets delayed again, when Sony realizes one of these potential problems?

If they are able to only launch a couple of hundred thousand units in every territory, week 1 sales would suffer tremendously. It would certainly be hard to meet that release date with full stock.

The new "release date" could just be the day Sony ships enough units to meet preorders(or doesn't).

Try thinking positive.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
I remember being a comic book fan in the mid 80's to the early 90's. One of my favorite artist and writer was John Byrne. I forgot which comic it was, but he always started it with a quote from the Bible, but he wasn't a Christian. Now, I cannot recall if those verses were taken out of context or not, but I don't remember any rucuss over it. There shouldn't be any problems with it now. Go figure.

made me think of pulp fiction

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

perpride said:
I am a Muslim and I approve of this delay.

I am an atheist and I don't approve of this delay.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

i'm not really happy about this. why wasn't the song banned if it was offensive? sony or mm never made the song, they just used it, it's not like they meant to cause offence.

this reminds of the time a british school teacher went to a muslim country and almost got sentenced lashes because she let the little kids she was teaching name a teddy bear mohammed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1570701/Third-day-in-Sudan-jail-over-teddy-Mohammed.html

Euphoria14 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Sony is rushing this.

What if they aren't able to meed demand, by not having time to print/ship enough units? What if the bundles aren't gonna make the new release date? What if it gets delayed again, when Sony realizes one of these potential problems?

If they are able to only launch a couple of hundred thousand units in every territory, week 1 sales would suffer tremendously. It would certainly be hard to meet that release date with full stock.

The new "release date" could just be the day Sony ships enough units to meet preorders(or doesn't).

Try thinking positive.

/sigh

I'm sipping hateraid Euphoria, lol. I'm not happy about LBP being delayed, let me say that first and foremost. However, me and the Sony fans, we have this thing going, where they deny truths, and spread propoganda, and I theorize and embellish the possibilities of every story, and how it will/could effect Sony.

I don't make the news. I don't spin the news. However, I do represent negative thinking, and present the worst possible scenerios as much as possible, lol.

That jus how I do. Ask Rol. As you see, I don't even spare myself.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
i'm not really happy about this. why wasn't the song banned if it was offensive? sony or mm never made the song, they just used it, it's not like they meant to cause offence.

this reminds of the time a british school teacher went to a muslim country and almost got sentenced lashes because she let the little kids she was teaching name a teddy bear mohammed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1570701/Third-day-in-Sudan-jail-over-teddy-Mohammed.html

This is one of the thing that make me lose faith in mankind.

To quote George Carlin: "Religion is bullshit".

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Euphoria14 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Sony is rushing this.

Try thinking positive.

I had hopes for Zen, but he continues to allow his SONY hatred to spill in almost every attempt to crush them in his mind.  But I'll keep praying for him...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

I really hope this doesn't sap any momentum for LBP. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the gaming community does with it. I see LBP as a really interesting experiment.

Ender said:
I really hope this doesn't sap any momentum for LBP. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the gaming community does with the game. I see LBP as a really interesting experiment.

It won't sap up any long term potential, that's for sure. In a month, there will be no difference. Week 1-2 would be the only time I could see it disrupting the community.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Jordahn said:
Euphoria14 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Sony is rushing this.

Try thinking positive.

I had hopes for Zen, but he continues to allow his SONY hatred to spill in almost every attempt to crush them in his mind.  But I'll keep praying for him...

lol, off topic, but I was beyond hope long before you started posting here.

The only thing special about me, is I can see all the angles.

NO NO, NO NO NO.