By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

GameCrazy still says Oct.21st.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
frybread said:
It's going to be hard for a non-game like LBP to stack up against traditional core games like Fallout 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Motorstorm, as well as more traditional casual games like Singstar, all on the same day.

Non-game?

lol @ you.

Xen said:
frybread said:
It's going to be hard for a non-game like LBP to stack up against traditional core games like Fallout 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Motorstorm, as well as more traditional casual games like Singstar, all on the same day.

Non-game?

lol @ you.

The definition from Wikipedia,

"The main difference between non-games and traditional video games is the apparent lack of goals, objectives and challenges.[2] This allows the player a greater degree of self-expression through freeform play, since he can set up his own goals to achieve."

LBP is a non-game.  Don't worry, it's not a curse word.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

goddog said:
superchunk said:
Godot said:
I'll repost what I posted in the other thread.

Does anyone remember the episode Cartoon Wars from South Park. In that episode, they couldn't show Muhammad in an everyday life situation (it was censored by Comedy Central) while they put a really crude cartoon instulting the Christian religion.

The problem with that double standard is that Western companies fear to put "anything" even remotely offensive to Muslims since the backlash of the Danish caricatures. It's really sad because those caricatures were about the freedom of expression and I think freedom of expression is a lot more important than freedom of religion. Especially when the song wasn't offensive (it did not contain hate speech of any sort). If anything, that song was probably introduced as a way to show that the game wasn't only made for the West.

I would have to disagree. They were really offensive and insulting to all Muslims. However, I get just as pissed off when I saw those "art" of Jesus in NY a few years ago that was made out of shit. Its just disrespectful and you should not be allowed to have freedom of insult.

Also, most of the time the Jesus or religious related stuff in South Park is not offensive, just funny. However, I do think they have also crossed the line with Christianity at times.

OT: I really don't see what the issue is with that song. It isn't negative that I can tell in any way. I guess Sony just doesn't want the possibility that their biggest game right now might offend someone somewhere. Oh well, its only one week.

your still censoring, and censorship is not freedom of insult, but freedom of expression. if you are insulted, its your prerogative to not view it or go to it. you can even complain about it. but the artist does have the freedom to show what on his mind, no matter how offensive it may be. the only provision i can think of that would limit this is for slander, even then i have issues with it, but understand why its there.... i may not agree with the way we judge people in media before court cases are done much like art is judged, but we as a society must foster freedom of speech and expression at the expense of peoples feelings 

I completely with goddog. Superchunk, the caricatures were made as part of an article on censorship. They ask 12 people to make a caricature for the article. It wasn't gratuitous.

Anyway, freedom of expression is also the freedom of insulting other people but not to slander or incite hatred.

Besides, I didn't say it doesn't offend. Of course it offends but you're always free to change the channel, boycott the game, say that you feel offended by that, etc.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

My post above was posted on Kotaku from the psBLOG. Am sure that's confirming release of the US.

Here's a link: http://kotaku.com/5065179/and-the-new-littlebigplanet-north-american-release-date-is

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

It's on digg:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/LittleBigPlanet_Faces_Worldwide_Recall_For_Qur_an_References

The comments are extremely negative(some are clearly racists) and they got a lot of "+".

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

You have to ask yourselves have the gods (I know there is only one true god but I use the plural so as not to offend) decided that Sony will not catch one single break this gen

LOL and what do i do if i already have the game??? is it going to affect me anyhow??? =/ well still... i am enyoing it a lot, i just hope i dont get owned by the change

Also wont that make every single Sci Fi game and the entire GOD OF WAR series offensive......

I mean I dont like Sony but there needs to be some sense of proportion.

FOR GODS SAKE :)

frybread said:
Xen said:
frybread said:

Non-game?

lol @ you.

The definition from Wikipedia,

"The main difference between non-games and traditional video games is the apparent lack of goals, objectives and challenges.[2] This allows the player a greater degree of self-expression through freeform play, since he can set up his own goals to achieve."

LBP is a non-game.  Don't worry, it's not a curse word.

I can accept LBP is a non-game... But what will be Malstrom's reaction to such disruption coming from Sony instead of Nintendo??? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!