By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

They wont get my copy without a fight!

I wonder how this would affect the Gamestop midnight launch with Fable II. What's funny about it is the local Gamestop has a large poster on their door for Fable II and it's midnight launch and in a small white box at the top right of it, "Also Little Big Planet" written in marker.

Around the Network

I have been typing stuff now for the last 20mins and each time i feel what i write will get me banned because i have no idea what the mods will find offensive. So i will make it a simple and say i'm not at all happy about this.

I am not happy, hopefully they will not have to recall all the discs and just make a note that internet is required for the older discs, or maybe they can just rewrite them easily, but the big question is how long will this take!

iclim4 said:
This is too sad.
Sure the PS3 will be swamped with a LOT of great games in the old LBP timeframe, but this game was at the top of my priority list.

Bring back the beta please sony...

Agreed.  This is the only game that has gotten me excited this year.  At least let me back in the beta

It's all about the game.

Good, I needed to get in on the ground floor of this one. I'll mod my last post in the other topic, because I feel it is on point.

Yeah, this definitely hurts the game(read on).

A. The midnight gamestop launch with Fable 2, cancelled for LBP.

B. Game will be released to go up against the later heavy hitters and multiplats, when previously it was the leadoff for big titles.

C. Preorders via terms of service will be refunded from most online retailers, including Ebay.

D. Bundles will have to be torn apart and repackaged.

E. Release date will be unknown to a wide audience, as the current advertisements all have it incorrect, and while they weren't useless, they have now become less effective. Especially if Sony was trying to appeal to a casual audience, and get them hyped.

LBP's launch was planned with careful marketing precision. With the street date already broken, and the beta, hype for the unbelievably hyped game has no where to go but down.

This isn't a major bombshell, the game will make up for its missed initial sales with legs, as the game has always been one expected to thrive off legs rather than burst.

However, like I've said, this is nothing but bad news for LBP, Sony, and the Playstationverse in general. The only question is "how bad." I'd say 4/10 level bad. The longer it's delayed, the worse it'll get.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Delaystation!!

Only kidding ;)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Simulacrum said:
But...Still...
WE MUST
DESTROY METAL GEAR!

I posted a video of destroying metal gear in the other thread as a reply to this :P

in either case...

not much to do.. but i really wanted to use that picture since i'd already uploaded it for something else but i forgot to use it XD

Check out my game about moles ^

Sorry for off topic but what would stop people to create something worse when the game releases.

Griffin said:
I have been typing stuff now for the last 20mins and each time i feel what i write will get me banned because i have no idea what the mods will find offensive. So i will make it a simple and say i'm not at all happy about this.

I have been doing the same thing.  As an atheist lets just say that I am biting my tounge.  

I'll take the high road with you.....I'm not at all happy about this.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

meh .. now i will get Dead Space instead of it.