By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If this does not make you fall in love with Wii music nothing will

coolestguyever said:
it seems like a good idea, i think it could've been presented better.

Firstly the crappy cartoon people don't help. The range of instruments is good. But is all you can play nintendo theme music? thats kind of lame. People like real music like in Rock Band/Guitar Hero

I Think they have a few other tracks than just Nintendo's. Though i was just playing brawl and some of the music in there would be fantastic in this game.

I think this christmas i will be spending a lot of time playing this and LBP (hopefully get my PS3 by then)... Plus MGS4 and Animal crossing...... Oh yeah Gears of war and fable. Damn! there is just not enough time in the day or night for that matter

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
it seems like a good idea, i think it could've been presented better.

Firstly the crappy cartoon people don't help. The range of instruments is good. But is all you can play nintendo theme music? thats kind of lame. People like real music like in Rock Band/Guitar Hero

Taken from IGN:

There's Chariots of Fire, Daydream Believer, I'll Be There, Every Breath You Take, I've Never Been Me, Material Girl, Please Mr. Postman, September, Sukiyaki, The Loco-Motion, Woman, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Jingle Bell Rock

They don't say if they're just instrumental, if they're with vocal track included, if they're master tracks or what. I mean, if they put an amazing song like Every Breath You Take and they don't put the vocals it's a bit sacrilegious, Sting's voice is 80% of that song

I just know I do this for five minutes and then never play it again.

OK, scratch my previous doubt, I found this article

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/10/wii-musics-14-l.html

Nintendo has yet to announce the full song list for Wii Music, even though it comes out next week, but I  just got my copy and, conveniently, there's a list of credits in the instructions for all 14 of the the licensed songs. Not exactly competition for the track lists in "Rock Band 2" or "Guitar Hero: World Tour," but it's not meant to be.

The company previously said there are around 50 songs in "Wii Music," so we can assume all the rest are either public domain tunes or Nintendo's own theme songs. Unsurprisingly for a game that's meant to have such broad appeal, the licensed tracks are all really well known songs that have been around for a while and everyone can enjoy, if not exactly love. "Jingle Bell Rock" is about as edgy as it gets. And of course since there's no singing in "Wii Music," they're are well known melodies that you can recognize without the lyrics.

Interestingly, since the point of "Wii Music" is "playing" the song yourself, there's no issue with master recordings. So the instruction book only credits the composers and publishing companies, not the recording artists.

Take a look and see what you think:

"Chariots of Fire" theme song by Vangelis

"Daydream Believer" by John Stewart (made famous by The Monkees)

"Every Breath You Take" by Sting

"I'll be There," originally performed by The Jackson 5

"I've Never Been to Me," the classic Motown hit by Charlene

"Material Girl," which was made famous by a nice young lady named Madonna

"Please Mr. Postman," the debut single from the Marvellettes from way back in the early '60s

"September," from Earth, Wind and Fire

"Suriyaki," a Japanese song popular in the '60s performed by Kyu Sakamoto (OK, I've never heard of that one)

"The Loco-Motion," another 60s pop song that tortured young adults my age when we were kids

John Lennon's "Woman"

"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by the illustrious George Michael

"Jingle Bell Rock." We all know this one.

"Do-Re-Mi" by Rogers and Hammerstein from "The Sound of Music." (No, not the last song that Kurt Cobain wrote.)

So only instrumental tracks. With the money Wii Music is gonna make, they could have easily put the master tracks

Onyxmeth said:
BornFirst. said:
It seem like when reggie said it was not given a fair chance at E3, he was not lying, i can see my self playing many long hours with this.

It was given a fair shake at e3. Go back and watch the difference in quality between that performance and this one. Night and day. I still don't think I would enjoy the game very much, especially since I don't have guests over too often, but I can say this is the first time it's been demonstrated in a way where I see the appeal of it and the effort put into developing it. Seriously though, that guy is so magoo it's ridiculous.

I just watched it as well, I must say, I finally see the point of the game. It actually didn't look that bad. I won't be picking it up, but I definitely believe that deserves to sell as much, or more than Wii Fit. Looks good, reminds me of Mario Paint.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I cant believe what im about to say....but this game looks good. Better than i thought a week ago =\

miyamoto next game: Wii Sex

if shovelware sold like crap guess what a casual mature game would sell like =O

Seeing that e3 video makes me want to eat a big box of icecream (so the brain freeze can take that image of that crazy drummer off my mind). So i guess its not a game thats *complete* waggle (just flailing your extremities and able to actualy make a sound) Which was worrying me cause with all these games that just use waggle (which doesnt require any skill excluding wii sports and in some game in wii play since you have to time you movements) I mean in know they made it accessible even for kids to just make music by imitating a insntrument but can you actualy learn to make notes with some instruments?

Why this presentation didnt shown in E3 months ago? Sorry but the presentation on E3 months ago was bad compared to this...

and yeah, Wii Music is getting better and better as the game will be released but is it too late now? I think even gaming sites have fixation that Wii Music will be bad even how you forced them because of E3

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I'll repeat what I said in another thread, I finally understand this game. Though they said it over and over again, I couldn't get what they meant when they said play music for fun but while watching the video, I remembered my past experience with music.

I love to play music on a keyboard but all I can do is do simple songs learned by ear. I never bothered to learn because I just want to play for fun. How can I play, enjoy it but make it sound right? See, this is where Wii music comes in!

I'm still not sure I'll buy it. I must admit it looks more interesting now that I understand what it is but, I'm not exactly convinced about spending my money for it. I felt some excitement watching the video and even some hype...