By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If this does not make you fall in love with Wii music nothing will

I wonder what this game would have been like with Wii Motion Plus...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
lolita said:
@ konnichiwa: "Page cannot be found." Also, well I googled it and not sure if it's the same thing you tried to link me to but like I said, I don't want to learn to play an instrument because that's where the fun stops, imo.

It's like saying that you like to kick footballs and someone hands you a book with all the football game rules. You don't want to learn all the technical stuff. You only want to kick the football for fun.

It's about the best example I could find, sorry if it sucks. Sure some people find it interesting and fun to learn all about real instruments and how to play them but it isn't for me.

Hmmmz strange...But what did you do then with your keyboard you just placed your fingers random on it and toggled it?

The idea of you doing that may sounds cute but I can't believe you did that right?

And this was the link btw:  http://computertimes.com/eMediaKeyboardPack.htm  

play real instruments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wii music

F.U. Fun University.

Sky Render said:
I've only even heard of one of those games, and it's pretty much impossible to find due to a limited printing. And I'm fairly certain none of them are focused on true rhythm so much as they are on timing.

1. Rez-Half rail shooter half rhythm game. A simple backing tack of techno bumps allow you to fill in the rest of the music by shooting enemies. You aren't required to time these shots. Basically if you were to close your eyes and have someone play the game, you could hear them freestyling techno music. No matter when you shoot, the music flows beautfiully. I'm not a techno fan by the way, I'm just appreciative of the amount of effort that went into it.

2. Electroplankton-You interact with little plankton on the screen with your stylus, touching the touch screen with your finges, or the microphone. As you move around it creates music in a way. Hard to explain and easier for you to just play it and see. It isn't about timing but strictly freestyling.

3. Daigasso! Band Brothers-The main portion of the game is basically Rock Band on the DS. The Edit Mode though is where the true meat of the game is, and is known to be the main selling feature. You can create custom tunes with the different instruments and save them, which is now gaining a similiar feature in Guitar Hero: World Tour. This feature lit up Japan back in 2004 when it came out and I'm pretty sure it's gone on to sell millions because of it.

4. Jam Sessions-It's a guitar on your DS. You have real sheet music to play from and the touch screen becomes your strings. It's basically the closest thing to having a real instrument on your DS. It has been used by people to create real music with. It also allows for singing. Another DS game KORG-10 is basically a synthesizer on your DS. KORG though is more software than it is a game.

5. MTV Music Generator Series-These were popular on the Playstation. Basically they were stripped down music making programs from the PC and made more accessible. Make your music, play it back. The equivalent of RPG Maker for music games.

None of these(and others) are supposed to take away from the uniqeness of Wii Music. I just didn't like the blanket statement you made accusing all other music games of being "rote memorization". There were others before Wii Music to think outside of the box, and there will be more after.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

gera4390 said:
play real instruments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guitar Hero

Yeah you're right. But that's way better than Wii Music too. So what's your point?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:

It probably would cost 10$ more and that is all.

stof said:
gera4390 said:

Yeah you're right. But that's way better than Wii Music too. So what's your point?

my point is that I dont fall in love for nothing with wii music, I don't like music games because I play real instruments and playing those kind of games make me feel bad because that time spent in playing those games I could have studied some music.

F.U. Fun University.

konnichiwa said:
stof said:

It probably would cost 10$ more and that is all.

That isn't true. Matt mentioned buttons having to be held during drum sets to account for cymbals and such. The Motion Plus could help in placement and more accurately know where your taps are when you drum. It could basically make it like an invisible Rock Band drum set. With 59 more instruments in the game, I'm sure there are more that could benefit from it too. Probably the different forms of piano.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

gera4390 said:
stof said:
gera4390 said:

my point is that I dont fall in love for nothing with wii music, I don't like music games because I play real instruments and playing those kind of games make me feel bad because that time spent in playing those games I could have studied some music.

But some people just dont want to learn. They just wanna play. Same with sports games. Thats what video games are for, to have a good time. I used to play the drums, and i like guitar hero. Im getting GH WT because of the drums mostly.There's just people that dont want to learn and they would rather simulate with these type of games. Thats all

double post