By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If this does not make you fall in love with Wii music nothing will

ramuji said:
Galaki said:
@ramuji

Can you play the same song using different instruments and then combine all the ones that you played into 1?
Something like 4 people playing at once but you play them 1 at a time and then combine.

Galaki,

I haven't tried that yet, but information I've read and seen on the Internet (including the video clip in the OP of this thread) indicates that overdubbing is part of the game.

This capability was confirmed way back at E3.  I was just rewatching the Wii music part of the conference to see how bad it really was. The horn guys kind of fell apart halfway through.  It's almost like they lost their connection or something.

Around the Network

This seems like a game I might try some time

Any of you know if there's a mode in this game, similar to the mode on Kareoke machines where you get a score depending how well you perform at the end? Like, immitating a certain theme given to you.

Pete_Beast said:
Any of you know if there's a mode in this game, similar to the mode on Kareoke machines where you get a score depending how well you perform at the end? Like, immitating a certain theme given to you.

No, Wii Music has no method of the software scoring your performance in the "main" part of the game. The only scoring that takes place is the score you give yourself (on a 100-point scale) for an arrangement you create yourself.

The three mini-games, however, do have an automated scoring system, very similar to that found in Wii Fit. I have completed all levels of each mini-game, which has allowed me to unlock all instruments, performance stages, and songs. As far as I can tell, unlocking these items is dependent only upon completing the mini-games, not on the scores you get in those mini-games (as long as that score is above 0, of course). I cannot see much motivation in trying to improve my scores in the mini-games (it seems I have everything unlocked) other than simply trying to get better scores.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

I finally got to play the game last week at a eGames 08 show in Melbourne (Australia..that's where I live) and sorry to say it played too simple for me. So I bought Guitar Hero WT instead!! Ironically in Australia Wii Music debuted at Number 1 ahead of the PS3 and 360 version of COD:WaW so it certainly don't need me!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE