By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami Officially Comments On Xbox 360 Metal Gear Solid 4

Sadly alot of that demand is basically 360 fanboys wanting to take another blow SONY fans and the PS3....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Smashed should really get a "#1 fanboy" sticker to put in his sig after all of his posts in this thread. That is some  of the most blind determination that I've ever seen around here.

This is interesting news, I can't wait to see what comes out of this. There will be hell on the day it's officially announced for the 360.

Of course, why pay for MGS4 when you can just watch it for free on youtube? It's a great movie.

HeroeDeLeyenda said:
I just read this comment at a gaming forum I had to share it here lol .... ""Fuckk !!!! Kojima Of Shit !!! If You Relase A Mgs4 Version For Xbox I Will Fucking Kill U !!! Im Pissed Of !!! And U Sony Yess U !! Ill Sell Ur Fucking Ps3 And Buy Twoo Xbox 360 !! I Wanna Cry !!""

Am 99.99285987349834% sure that's a post from a PS3 fanboy....... I can just FEEL IT.......

OT: I really don't think it would be a smart move finicially...

How much money would it take to port such a game that's been well optimized for it's current platform??? Not to mention it compression and the chances of an inferior port. And also haven't most of the people who wanted the game bought it already on PS3?? I mean the people who actually wanted it to play instead of just wanting it available on the 360 to talk crap on forums.....

I don't think the game would sell that well.... maybe 2M in the long run at best....

4 ≈ One

wfz said:

Smashed should really get a "#1 fanboy" sticker to put in his sig after all of his posts in this thread. That is some  of the most blind determination that I've ever seen around here.

Sweet! Thanks!

It is possible, I don't see it being a problem if 360 gets it in some way of form.

Around the Network

My guess is that Konami right now is weighing it's options. When my gf translated the japanese article it said yes that Konami wanted to port it, but that they were frightened of hurting relations with Sony. In my opinion these could be what's going on

1. Konami is in talks with Microsoft asking how much they'll get and how much MS will support them if they make this decision, because if the decision is made Sony is not going to want to work with them as much.

2. Konami at the same time could be asking for more money from Sony to keep it exclusive and they might not even have asked MS anything yet at all. MGS4 pushed consoles for Sony HARD and they feel they deserve more than what Sony's given. MGS is one of Sony's most profitable franchises and they deserve a voice in the business.

3. Absolutely nothing is going on, somehow someone said that someone from Konami said this. Damn liars!

These are just my speculations, but the fact that IGN hasn't recieved news from Konami leads me to believe they're working it out, something seems to be brewing.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Ooooo hoo hoo!
LBP for Wii next?

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

It's back: the rumor surrounding the possible arrival of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots on Xbox 360 is resumed again on the web. But we must acknowledge that this time the fantasy fans given way to some semblance of indication from Konami. On the occasion of an article on the sidelines of the Tokyo Game Show, the Japanese newspaper asked Morningstar to Yoshitaka Kai Konami on the hypothetical release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots on other media. "Sales Xbox 360 and demand are factors that we look carefully ". Looking more closely the translation of the article, this means above all that Konami could focus more towards a multi-media strategy. No out what the bottle of champagne then. 

Already available for Playstation 3, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots is considered the last "big exclusive" new generation of consoles. Soon the end of an era? 

Update: After a careful translation, it turns out that the article in question does not state a "news", but rather an editorial on the multi-media citing several speakers out of context of MGS 4.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo.fr%2Fmetal-gear-solid-x360-konami-reflechit-actu-168918.html&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en

Between this and the Konami statement, I'm really confused.

stof said:
Interesting statement. Of course, this far in to to the sales of Metal Gear 4, it would kind be kind of like the Xbox release of Grand Theft Auto. A "me too" release with significantly less sales.

It would sell to 360 owners that wished they'd recieved Metal Gear, but not to too many others.

What are you talking about?  The 360 version of GTAIV actually outsold the PS3 version!!!