By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami Officially Comments On Xbox 360 Metal Gear Solid 4

Don't care unless Kojima says it.

Around the Network

Kojima has no say.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Kojima has no say.

People must see this.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Microsoft should pull a Sony and make them add a lot of extras. That would also entice the true fans to get it even if they have the original. Something like a MGS4 directors cut.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

^No they shouldn't, I guess it's good for gamers, but to me that is some of the whiniest BS ever. Sony making that mandatory is almost as ridiculous as when they wanted to sell you the LICENSE to play the game and not the game disc itself.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

MGS4 for 360 rumour going strong now.

Just to throw some more oil into the fire, Kotaku's translation is off just a little.

Kotaku's translation makes no mention of the word maemuki (前向き), a term meant to convey a sense of optimism and/positivity (a direct translation is "facing forward").

So while their translation is technically accurate, it takes away part of the context behind the quote.

"The worldwide demand for an Xbox 360 version (of MGS4) is quite high, and it is something we are looking in to with optimism." would more accurately convey the sentiment of the quote.

Not that it matters anyway, the game will be more irrelevant that Eternal Sonata on PS3 by the time it releases, if it releases.

Its nice to see so many 360 owners begging for mgs4.....

most of ps3 owners will be happy to share this good game with others. we are not that greedy.

Well, it's now official. The thing is, it really is starting to eliminate any need for a PS3. Yes I know there is Resistance, GT and KZ. But thats 2 FPS's in there. When MGS4 comes to 360 (probably summer 2009) then no longer can we say tekken or FF13, MGS4 (I'm 90% sure now) are reasons to get PS3. Especially new adopters. Lets face it it's only sold 15.8m.

The 360 however seems to hold on to exclusives like, Mass Effect, GeoW, LO, BD, Cry On, PGR, Ninja Gaiden. Only Bioshock and Oblivion have made the jump over this gen. And both are hardly of the same importance.

M$ exclusive list seems to be growing while Sony's is diminishing. Games like MGS4 would have made lots who dont own PS3 still be swayed. But it's just another reason not to pay £300.

^Dianko isn't it more direct translation as foward (mae) direction (muki)? But yah basically it is with good optimism.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-