By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami Officially Comments On Xbox 360 Metal Gear Solid 4

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I suppose a video is worth ten thousand words. So I will express my thoughts with this video, and if nobody gets the reference. I think the way that Helen Hunt behaves in this video is a pretty good analogy to how many Sony fanatics on these forums would behave were this to come to pass.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I suppose a video is worth ten thousand words. So I will express my thoughts with this video, and if nobody gets the reference. I think the way that Helen Hunt behaves in this video is a pretty good analogy to how many Sony fanatics on these forums would behave were this to come to pass.

I lol'd.

Sandy no!!!!

Kojima no!!!!

I hope it happens, just for the epic ownage it would bring about.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

With Uncharted 2, God of War III, Little Big Planet, GT5, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, InFamous, Team ICO Project, White Knight Chronicles, FF Versus XIII exclusive to the PS3 and FFXIII exclusive to the PS3 in Japan, it will just be a little too late for the 360 even if an inferior version of MGS 4 is announced to be coming to the 360. Not even to mention the fact that the 360 MGS 4 could be releasing on the 360 right when Kojima's next project is releasing exclusively on the PS3 so it really wouldn't do much to help the 360 out of its impending fate of being usurped by the PS3 as the second place console by the end of next year.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

dude17761991hatp said:
Ooooo hoo hoo!
LBP for Wii next?

Baahh that's dumb, didn't you know? It will be timed exclusive for the X360 ;)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

This is pretty much a confirmation. If it wasn't true then they'd have outright denied it like they have in the past.

The people who keep saying it can't and won't ever happen are in denial. After FFXIII, nothing seems safe unless it's either first or second party.

Around the Network

It stops being a 'rumor' WHEN KONAMI SAYS THEY'RE LOOKING INTO IT.

I have no doubt it's going to happen now. Microsoft probably caught wind of this ages ago and are doing whatever is possible to make it a reality.

And then....meltdowns.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Zucas said:
haha well these rumors have been going on for years so why any different now haha.

Konami wouldn't willingly decide to put it on 360, not when they know MS has been paying of Japanese devs so they'd wait for that if at all this crossed their minds.

No guarantees what will happen so until then just assume its always going to be a PS3 exclusive. If ya want to play it get a PS3. If ya don't then forget about it haha.

What's with the "haha" what are you, smoking crack?

Anyway, in the meantime, lets also assume that Star Ocean is a 360 exclusive, forever, and Fable 2, nor Gears of War 2 will ever make it to PC.

I choose to believe, after this statement, that in the next year, a 360 version of MGS4 will be announced, or Konami will confirm that it's not coming out.

Again, assuming this statment is equivelant to previous rumors and assumptions is ignorant. You'll agree.

...unless Yoshitaka Arai started a lot of false rumors I don't know about.

Now now don't get testy.  And the "haha" thing is a force of habit.  Can't stop so you are just going to have to deal with it.

And it may make it eventually but right now it isn't.  And rumors are simply rumors meaning counting on them to come true is silly.  So if ya desperately need to play MGS4 your best bet is with a PS3.  If you like holding out for somehting later on then do so.  Reading into these things or making up rumors is the thing you should do but unfortunately that's what thye are their for becuase it gets media sites more hits.

Xen said:
stof said:
Interesting statement. Of course, this far in to to the sales of Metal Gear 4, it would kind be kind of like the Xbox release of Grand Theft Auto. A "me too" release with significantly less sales.

It would sell to 360 owners that wished they'd recieved Metal Gear, but not to too many others.

It'll sell like Substance on the original box. But this is just... a punch in the face.

A punch in the face? Sony fans have been getting punched, slapped, and beaten around since "$599.99"

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

"we're looking into it"

how is this news? I would imagine they've been looking into it for quite awhile now.

Ill wait for Kojimas words.