By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft II campaign split into 3 separate SKU's!

[Source Kotaku]

StarCraft II Single Player Is A Trilogy!

Blizzard just announced that StarCraft II's single player campaign would be split o three separate products! The scope of the single-player experience was so huge they decided to deliver three different products. The first product will focus on the Terrans, with the Zerg next and finally the Protoss. The story will stretch across all three titles.

Wings of Liberty - Terrans
Heart of the Swarm - Zerg
Legacy of the Void - Protoss

Each campaign is treated as a full-fleshed out game, with each title ending the same way. The change will allow for more characters, more missions, and more complete experiences overall.

Around the Network

And confirmed here that you will in fact have to buy the game 3 times if you want to play all three campaigns.

To put it simply: this is bullshit.  Fuck Blizzard.

I'm sure they could sell each one for $15-20 but I have the funny feeling the first one is going to be sold for $40-50 and then next two 'expansions' will be $15-20 each.

It's like they want people to pirate their game.

This is a joke, right?

No, I don't care about "confirmation," this is obviously a joke.

Ayayay...

I might break my pirating rule and just pirate this. With this and WoW, I think Blizzard is becoming unreasonable.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Bullshit, I'm buying one pirating the rest

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

This is one of the stupidest ideas I've seen. Screw them, seriously.

They aren't making enough money from WoW? Sheesh...

Next up!!!

Diablo 3 contains 9 character classes, each spit into different SKU's!

Purchase each SKU to play the games storyline which each class.

You heard it here first!!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

OMG! this sucks completely!!!!!!

BTW OT I know

but will there ever be a "World of Starcraft"

or equivalent...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

And thinking about this a little more, I'm somewhat convinced they will be more than $60 combined.

If all three products were that $15-20 price mark, they would tell us. Why would they let us speculate and get all pissed off at them if they weren't? I've seen firsthand that bad rumors get heard and payed much more attention than good ones and just cause confusion.

People are going to hear only that you have to buy the game three separate times. They aren't going to hear you have to buy it three times if you only want to play the three separate campaigns and they aren't going to hear that each pack will be $15-20 if that's announced later.

twesterm said:

It's like they want people to pirate their game.

That's a surprisingly extreme reaction, coming from you.

Frankly I'm just more likely to not buy it at all, considering it'll probably end up being $100 or more in total.  But most people will still buy it, and they'll end up making money off it, so when the next game rolls around they'll try to screw us over even more somehow.