By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft II campaign split into 3 separate SKU's!

Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
Final-Fan said:
BOOM!
Psh... That doesn't explain much. As I said earlier if they had 10-10-10 they could have som very serious non-linearity. Like if you do a mission as a Terran then it affects the Zerg/Protoss campaign and then multiply that over each mission. That'd make for a seriously epic campaign. They both has strength and weaknesess but the worst one is that you play 30 friken missions as a race in a row....

I wasn't being totally serious.  But to counter your argument, have you ever read halfway through a book or played half an RPG, then abandoned it for some reason, then gone back to it a year or two later?  I have.  And damn, it can be hard to just pick up where you left off.  Sometimes, to really get back into the story, you pretty much have to play the whole damn thing over again. 

I think this is one reason why it would not be good to have the three campaigns broken up into three pieces each.  Let us have ONE whole story, then another, then another.  Maybe that's part of what they meant by "In order to make these choices meaningful while creating an epic story and well-developed characters for each faction, we needed to focus on a single race for a large number of missions."  Or maybe they meant something else in addition to that. 

Plus, wouldn't it frustrate you to play only 1/3 of a race's campaign 3 times, rather than one entire campaign?  I think it would frustrate me. 

LOL I realized it wasn't fully serious, but in any case:

Yeah it'd be frustrating, but I would be more frustrated if the heroes in my book each got a full book to themselves with very little interaction between them in each book =). Especially if I had to wait 2 years to get to the part about my favorite character/group.

I don't think I can pull off this analogy too well....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
this is a buy for me.
I don't care about all the flaming going on, I am going to cross this picket line and scab myself some terran action.

BTW: PUNSIHER
your quote makes more sense if it says " more expensive" in stead of "cheaper".

Well, i did take it from FF8.

Laguna Loire said it at that cave when he picked something up.

"http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII"

It was catchy at that time. ;)

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Final-Fan said:
Punisher said:
Btw final-fan:

"Btw, vlad321 and twesterm (sorry if there were other's), it seems that it's almost pointless trying to tell these folks who only care about multiplayer/Bnet side of Sc2, about the story side. It's like when adventure games died and fps reigns."

As i stated:
(sorry if there were other's)

And just who are the "folks" in this thread "who only care about multiplayer/Bnet side of Sc2"?

Well, shio does like his Sc2 with online gaming more than with all three races in each one of those packages. (I mean campaigns)

(That is the impression i get from Shio, sorry i am wrong about it)

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After reading the explanation, I am satisfied. Saying it should be three 10-10-10 set ups is just nitpicking. As it stands it sounds like "Heart of the Swarm" will just be the new "Brood War", and then another expansion later. I'm cool with that, and am totally buying it when released.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.