By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft II campaign split into 3 separate SKU's!

Whew, something smells fishy.

I would really hope that the price of all three games put together will be the price of a full game. Sadly, I never really played the first game, but Starcraft 2 does sound interesting to me, but this seems to be pushing the edge a little.

I don't really like the sound of having three seperate campaigns of the same exact story being sold at full price (which seems to be what they're hinting at with "Each campaign is treated as a full-fleshed out game"

Around the Network

I agree, if each race contains full multiplayer, they might make the game more expensive. Because isn't that what the majority buy the game for? Meaning, for people who don't really play online (like me) and just want to experience great RTS with a great story, we'll get screwed and have to pay most likely over 100 for all 3! This is so dumb, even if the SP is huge, its never going to be as long as a final fantasy series.

Well I suppose I was beginning to like Blizzard too much anyhow, fucking douches. If these versions cost over $20 each I think I've found a game I really wouldn't care if everyone pirated.

I'm really starting to dislike this idea of creating game trilogies, we as gamers seem to get less and less actual substance but are required to pay more and more.

What the hell blizzard??

I've never been so tempted to pirate one of Blizzard's games.

This is absolutely ridiculous, unless they charge

Each game will have the full multiplayer, and each will have up to 30 missions for the story line. Thats right, 30 missions per faction for the single player campaign. I did a quick look around to other game sites and it is quite humorous looking at some of the ignorant comments. This is shaping up to be three full games, not like a third of the game as the kotaku article implies. Hopefully there will be 3 different sets of maps along with 90 missions.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
Each game will have the full multiplayer, and each will have up to 30 missions for the story line. Thats right, 30 missions per faction for the single player campaign. I did a quick look around to other game sites and it is quite humorous looking at some of the ignorant comments. This is shaping up to be three full games, not like a third of the game as the kotaku article implies. Hopefully there will be 3 different sets of maps along with 90 missions.

No, I promise you it is in fact three 1/3's of games (or one full game).  Telling me those are three full games is like telling me Gears of War isn't a full game and FFXII should really be split into three games.

Well, in Blizzard's defense, 95% of everyone's time spent in this game will be on multiplayer. But still, this is pretty bullshit. Just cause a game's long and big doesn't give Blizz the right to essentially charge triple for it; what if FF7's 3 discs were sold separately?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

They expanded on it some...

Starcraft II Lead Producer on the Split Single Player Campaign

Still bullshit and still fuck Blizzard.

twesterm said:
cwbys21 said:

No, I promise you it is in fact three 1/3's of games (or one full game).  Telling me those are three full games is like telling me Gears of War isn't a full game and FFXII should really be split into three games.

The original Starcraft had about 10 missions per faction, for a total of 30 missions or so.  Each of these will have 30 missions for their faction, for a total of 90 missions.  The kotaku article didn't talk about it but after looking around I found this out at gamespot.  I didn't see anything about the online, hopefully like I said there will be new maps for each one, but these will be full games and Blizzard will probably charge atleast $40 for them.  I'm not pleased at the idea, but whatever.

Now they're saying that each "expansion" will bring "changes" to the multiplayer as they each are released.

http://kotaku.com/5062018/starcraft-ii-lead-producer-on-the-split-single-player-campaign

Bah, screw this game. :/

edit: d'oh! twesterm beat me to it.