By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
mrstickball said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Its funny how desperately Microsoft wants to be like Sony.

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

....What things has Sony moved on to again?

I think he's talking about from a software standpoint. Every generation Sony has come out with great new games. Nintendo has simply done Mario or something with Mario in it, and if M$ keeps their trend up, then they'll just be known as the guys that just take games Sony had the previous gen

Try this on for size. Sony gathered developers that would make great games for them. Nintendo and Sega made games themselves. They were the only true self sufficient systems that actually made games. Sony and Microsoft cannot apply to this (unless you count Microsofts PC games).

That's because they are PURELY a games company. Sony is a multimedia/applications/electronics company, and gaming falls under that. And M$ half ton gorilla of the computer market.

But if you think that say, Nintendo didn't have different studios making games for them, you'd be wrong. Suda 51? Rare? Any takers? Not everyone had an office at the big Nintendo building, making games. They had different development studios, so in that case, they were truely self sufficient, because said studios could be bought off. By your logic, Sony is truely self sufficient too with the likes of Incognito, Naughty Dog, SCE London, Insomniac, SCE Santa Monica, etc.

Around the Network
BILL COSBY!!! said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
forevercloud3000 said:
tuoyo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You are fooling yourself if you think that these games going MultiPlat are not part of the MS agenda to stomp Sony into the ground. When Sony sprinted ahead of Sega and Nintendo it was with it's own games. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, GTA(to console), Dark Cloud, Xenogears, etc. They ushered in new IPs to claim their superiority. Games like FF migrated as well but not becuz Sony moneyhatted, they PUBLISHED the game for Square after Nin decided to withdraw theirs for Square going MP. In return they turned exclusive to Sony. Sony in no way went gunning for all of Sega's and Nin's exclusives. Sony wins over developers "fair"ly for every company has a fighting chance. MS has no rival when it comes to funds. They just keep handing out the huge checks to these companies to either have Sony Exclusives go MP or jip the PS3 out of features and such. EA MADDEN 07 ring a bell? How the hell did MS KNOW that the PS3 version would not run 60FPS before it released?

Sony has had Crash Bandicoot, , Jak games, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Dark Cloud, Ratchet and Clank,Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk, Wipeout, Legend of Dragoon,WKC,Heavenly Sword, etc.
MS has brought in Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR2.

These are the games actually in Sony's and MS's actual 1st/2nd Party Repatoir. Games that were not stolen from another console but born and raised.

Sony knows about how to make good games, seeing as NONE of their 1st party is bad. MS not so much, hense they spend so much time stealing Sony's exclusives.

If you think those games are what put Sony ahead of Nintendo with games like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, etc then you are living in some Sony fantasy land.  It was the 3rd parties that did it for Sony plain and simple.  And by the time PS2 came out all the 3rd parties simply migrated from PS1 to the PS2.  

Yes there will always be the developers that migrated to the PS systems. I know that. Yet how many franchises really up and forgot the console's they were originally on? FF is the only one that comes to mind. Majority of that 3rd party stuff were BRAND NEW IPs for playstation. FF left nin for Sony, but Sony had vagrant story, kingdom hearts, xenosaga, tekken, etc first. New IPs, not rehashed old ones. Sony tries to usher in new ideas while MS is just content on taking ideas that were already formulated on Playstation.

Please...Microsoft has just as many monopolistic intentions for the gaming industry as Sony did. They are just giving them competition that Nintendo never cared to give and Sega couldn't. You need to respect the fact that if it wasn't for Microsoft, Sony would've monopolized the gaming industry. They both have perverted and destroyed the moral fabric of the gaming indstury.

Huh? Can you please explain to me just what the hell you are smoking?

If you don't understand the intentions of companies like Sony and Nintendo welp....I really bad that you're not paying attention to the times we're living in.

Endz said:
I think people already made this comparison but Microsoft is just like a Wal-Mart invading a town and screwing every other store over. How can a Sony and a Nintendo go up against one of the biggest companies in the world. If MS wants to go into any type of business they have huge resources to back them up, Nintendo needs to create a whole IT sector just to stand a chance to xbox online infrastructure. Then again Nintendo doesn't need that to be successful, Nintendo knew this and they knew they had a good chance of losing if they try to go toe to toe with a huge company like Microsoft so they had to think of something different. Sony is trying with their hardware but losing money from it, all their PS2 earnings and then some, Xbox still has better online structure then PS3.

Microsoft is just pumping out machines with graphical hardware earlier because they can (I bet they will release earlier next-gen), they are including bunch of online stuff, dropping prices left and right, all because they can. A Wal-mart can drop prices all they want and still supply enough of a high quality product but can a small shop drop their prices and still maintain a high quality product? All in all, MS has the resources/money to throw around without much repercussions (from stockholders, revenues, etc.). Sony is mostly just the lesser of two evils being way smaller then Microsoft and I think Nintendo has more profits then Sony now. Too bad it couldn't just be Sega and Nintendo.

I'm tired of seeing people say that "Oh, well M$ is just too big a company, so they can toss their money around. It's expendable"

Number one, only the games division matters. Number two, it seems as though everyone has forgotten that Sony is the largest hardware manufacturer in the world. Just like every home has a PC (which Apple is slowly chewing away at), every home has SOMETHING Sony in it.....

Unless M$ plans on making TVs...but then again, I wouldn't want that. It would RRoD

BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
mrstickball said:
Diomedes1976 said:

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

I think he's talking about from a software standpoint. Every generation Sony has come out with great new games. Nintendo has simply done Mario or something with Mario in it, and if M$ keeps their trend up, then they'll just be known as the guys that just take games Sony had the previous gen

Try this on for size. Sony gathered developers that would make great games for them. Nintendo and Sega made games themselves. They were the only true self sufficient systems that actually made games. Sony and Microsoft cannot apply to this (unless you count Microsofts PC games).

That's because they are PURELY a games company. Sony is a multimedia/applications/electronics company, and gaming falls under that. And M$ half ton gorilla of the computer market.

But if you think that say, Nintendo didn't have different studios making games for them, you'd be wrong. Suda 51? Rare? Any takers? Not everyone had an office at the big Nintendo building, making games. They had different development studios, so in that case, they were truely self sufficient, because said studios could be bought off. By your logic, Sony is truely self sufficient too with the likes of Incognito, Naughty Dog, SCE London, Insomniac, SCE Santa Monica, etc.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know dude. Obviously what you're saying in the first and second is only adding to the fact that Sony and Microsoft were the only true companies that made the majority of their 1st party games. Tell me...where is rare now? Nintendo owns the IP to Donkey Kong. Rare took Perfect Dark with them and are supposedly working on a Killer Instinct game right now for MS (As EGM states). WOW. Sony isn't a self sufficient company. They depend on the creativity of developers. Nintendo had Shigeru Miyamoto and Gunpei yokoi, Sega had the likes of Yu Suzuki, and Yugi Naka. These are highly notable designers involved in politics in the company as well who made the key characters and games that these systems depended upon in a self sufficient manner). Sony has Kutaragi who saved Sony's ass, and Microsoft's ascention into the gaming industry was meant and had too many people involved because Sony was killing the Arcade industry in the US and pulling gamers from the PC industry. It was all corporate politics and hiring developers to make their 1st party games appealing. Nintendo did it, but they had their OWN games that they made names with as well, which still stand strong today.

perpride said:
The best is how proud 360 fanboys are everytime they find out they will also get to a play a game that will also be on PS3.

Wouldn't you be proud if you got to play FFXIII out of the blue? Or Tekken? Or GTA? Or DMC? Or even SO4?

Damn right I'm proud. I'm not ashamed of it either.

Don't be so elitist little PS3 fan. Other people have feelings too.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
mrstickball said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Like??? I can only recall LBP and maybe Uncharted... as new great games... 

Nintendo came with Wii-fit, Wii-sports...

MS, well I need to think about them a little...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
ZenfoldorVGI said:
perpride said:
The best is how proud 360 fanboys are everytime they find out they will also get to a play a game that will also be on PS3.

Wouldn't you be proud if you got to play FFXIII out of the blue? Or Tekken? Or GTA? Or DMC? Or even SO4?

Why would you be proud? Wouldn't you be happy instead? Being proud of being able to play a game sounds very weird.

Signature goes here!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
perpride said:

Could you please explain What there to be proud of? I don't really try and take sides...I call them like I see them.

Bad MS, bad!! Stop using already used tactics!!! XD

4 ≈ One

Forgive me for not reading the 130 replies but I'm in shock this stupid of a thread has survived for so long.

Why do people care if more people get to play more games? Does it affect you in any way at all that other people get to enjoy the same van you get to?

Game like Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop disgust and then people that think a game is worse off for more people getting to play it disgust me.

-edit-

And I realize that I'm further contributing to this terrible thread.