By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Pristine20 said:
@OP

These are 3RD PARTIES not sony's devs. why do you care anyway, you can still play tekken 6 if you want

Thats the question i'm asking. The true competiton is in the 1st and 2nd party titles. 3rd party arguments are void.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Its funny how desperately Microsoft wants to be like Sony.

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

Are you even looking at what you type? Microsoft has forced a multi-plat release of the majority of PS's formerly exclusive franchises, and taken the LEAD in Sony's prior strongpoint - RPGs. What better things is Sony moving on to? It would seem that it is Sony who desperately wants to offer online service on par with Microsoft...

I didn't realize that many people cared so deeply about Tekken. Aren't fighters pretty much over?

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

BAD Microsoft BAD! No treat for you.

I kinda wish more PS3 exclusive go multiplatform, this is entertaining.

Signature goes here!

mrstickball said:
Diomedes1976 said:

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

....What things has Sony moved on to again?

I think he's talking about from a software standpoint. Every generation Sony has come out with great new games. Nintendo has simply done Mario or something with Mario in it, and if M$ keeps their trend up, then they'll just be known as the guys that just take games Sony had the previous gen

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
mrstickball said:
Diomedes1976 said:

....What things has Sony moved on to again?

I think he's talking about from a software standpoint. Every generation Sony has come out with great new games. Nintendo has simply done Mario or something with Mario in it, and if M$ keeps their trend up, then they'll just be known as the guys that just take games Sony had the previous gen

Try this on for size. Sony gathered developers that would make great games for them. Nintendo and Sega made games themselves. They were the only true self sufficient systems that actually made games. Sony and Microsoft cannot apply to this (unless you count Microsofts PC games).

DMeisterJ said:
lol, what is the collective age of VGC 2?

People here really should grow up.

Agreeing with DMJ? It's the beginning of the end! The slippery slope!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Ronster316 said:
People are upset because microsoft have taken YET ANOTHER exclusive away from sony?

Oh right, and Sony never strangled Sega with their big fat wallets and moneyhatting of 3rd party exclusives back in the day?

And of course Sonys ruthless advertising even for mediocre games like Crash bandicoot and Time crisis on every damn billboard, Side of a bus and T.V. advert (and of course champions league sponsorship) got them to where they are today

I'm loving every minute of this.......... Welcome to my world Sony fanboys

What goes around comes around Sony

I shed no tears for you

Wow, you're genuinly upset over advertisements. You realize you are pretty much as dumb as the OP. Seriously man, get a life.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

S.T.A.G.E. said:
forevercloud3000 said:
tuoyo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You are fooling yourself if you think that these games going MultiPlat are not part of the MS agenda to stomp Sony into the ground. When Sony sprinted ahead of Sega and Nintendo it was with it's own games. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, GTA(to console), Dark Cloud, Xenogears, etc. They ushered in new IPs to claim their superiority. Games like FF migrated as well but not becuz Sony moneyhatted, they PUBLISHED the game for Square after Nin decided to withdraw theirs for Square going MP. In return they turned exclusive to Sony. Sony in no way went gunning for all of Sega's and Nin's exclusives. Sony wins over developers "fair"ly for every company has a fighting chance. MS has no rival when it comes to funds. They just keep handing out the huge checks to these companies to either have Sony Exclusives go MP or jip the PS3 out of features and such. EA MADDEN 07 ring a bell? How the hell did MS KNOW that the PS3 version would not run 60FPS before it released?

Sony has had Crash Bandicoot, , Jak games, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Dark Cloud, Ratchet and Clank,Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk, Wipeout, Legend of Dragoon,WKC,Heavenly Sword, etc.
MS has brought in Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR2.

These are the games actually in Sony's and MS's actual 1st/2nd Party Repatoir. Games that were not stolen from another console but born and raised.

Sony knows about how to make good games, seeing as NONE of their 1st party is bad. MS not so much, hense they spend so much time stealing Sony's exclusives.

If you think those games are what put Sony ahead of Nintendo with games like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, etc then you are living in some Sony fantasy land.  It was the 3rd parties that did it for Sony plain and simple.  And by the time PS2 came out all the 3rd parties simply migrated from PS1 to the PS2.  

Yes there will always be the developers that migrated to the PS systems. I know that. Yet how many franchises really up and forgot the console's they were originally on? FF is the only one that comes to mind. Majority of that 3rd party stuff were BRAND NEW IPs for playstation. FF left nin for Sony, but Sony had vagrant story, kingdom hearts, xenosaga, tekken, etc first. New IPs, not rehashed old ones. Sony tries to usher in new ideas while MS is just content on taking ideas that were already formulated on Playstation.

Please...Microsoft has just as many monopolistic intentions for the gaming industry as Sony did. They are just giving them competition that Nintendo never cared to give and Sega couldn't. You need to respect the fact that if it wasn't for Microsoft, Sony would've monopolized the gaming industry. They both have perverted and destroyed the moral fabric of the gaming indstury.

Huh? Can you please explain to me just what the hell you are smoking?

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

I think people already made this comparison but Microsoft is just like a Wal-Mart invading a town and screwing every other store over. How can a Sony and a Nintendo go up against one of the biggest companies in the world. If MS wants to go into any type of business they have huge resources to back them up, Nintendo needs to create a whole IT sector just to stand a chance to xbox online infrastructure. Then again Nintendo doesn't need that to be successful, Nintendo knew this and they knew they had a good chance of losing if they try to go toe to toe with a huge company like Microsoft so they had to think of something different. Sony is trying with their hardware but losing money from it, all their PS2 earnings and then some, Xbox still has better online structure then PS3.

Microsoft is just pumping out machines with graphical hardware earlier because they can (I bet they will release earlier next-gen), they are including bunch of online stuff, dropping prices left and right, all because they can. A Wal-mart can drop prices all they want and still supply enough of a high quality product but can a small shop drop their prices and still maintain a high quality product? All in all, MS has the resources/money to throw around without much repercussions (from stockholders, revenues, etc.). Sony is mostly just the lesser of two evils being way smaller then Microsoft and I think Nintendo has more profits then Sony now. Too bad it couldn't just be Sega and Nintendo.