By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
tuoyo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You are fooling yourself if you think that these games going MultiPlat are not part of the MS agenda to stomp Sony into the ground. When Sony sprinted ahead of Sega and Nintendo it was with it's own games. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, GTA(to console), Dark Cloud, Xenogears, etc. They ushered in new IPs to claim their superiority. Games like FF migrated as well but not becuz Sony moneyhatted, they PUBLISHED the game for Square after Nin decided to withdraw theirs for Square going MP. In return they turned exclusive to Sony. Sony in no way went gunning for all of Sega's and Nin's exclusives. Sony wins over developers "fair"ly for every company has a fighting chance. MS has no rival when it comes to funds. They just keep handing out the huge checks to these companies to either have Sony Exclusives go MP or jip the PS3 out of features and such. EA MADDEN 07 ring a bell? How the hell did MS KNOW that the PS3 version would not run 60FPS before it released?

Sony has had Crash Bandicoot, , Jak games, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Dark Cloud, Ratchet and Clank,Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk, Wipeout, Legend of Dragoon,WKC,Heavenly Sword, etc.
MS has brought in Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR2.

These are the games actually in Sony's and MS's actual 1st/2nd Party Repatoir. Games that were not stolen from another console but born and raised.

Sony knows about how to make good games, seeing as NONE of their 1st party is bad. MS not so much, hense they spend so much time stealing Sony's exclusives.

If you think those games are what put Sony ahead of Nintendo with games like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, etc then you are living in some Sony fantasy land.  It was the 3rd parties that did it for Sony plain and simple.  And by the time PS2 came out all the 3rd parties simply migrated from PS1 to the PS2.  

Yes there will always be the developers that migrated to the PS systems. I know that. Yet how many franchises really up and forgot the console's they were originally on? FF is the only one that comes to mind. Majority of that 3rd party stuff were BRAND NEW IPs for playstation. FF left nin for Sony, but Sony had vagrant story, kingdom hearts, xenosaga, tekken, etc first. New IPs, not rehashed old ones. Sony tries to usher in new ideas while MS is just content on taking ideas that were already formulated on Playstation.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

this was obviously sarcasm lol. nice job
"money are money"

forevercloud3000 said:

Yes there will always be the developers that migrated to the PS systems. I know that. Yet how many franchises really up and forgot the console's they were originally on? FF is the only one that comes to mind. Majority of that 3rd party stuff were BRAND NEW IPs for playstation. FF left nin for Sony, but Sony had vagrant story, kingdom hearts, xenosaga, tekken, etc first. New IPs, not rehashed old ones. Sony tries to usher in new ideas while MS is just content on taking ideas that were already formulated on Playstation.

Yep, you are sooo right.  You and I of course will not count Gears of War, Halo, Alan Wake, Dead Rising, Too Human, Fable, Lost Odyssey,......

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

guys seriosuly, this is a business, yes a business that deals in art and entertainment, but still a BUSINESS, whats the point of a business, to MAKE MONEY. On top of that we (most of us) live in a CAPITALIST society, who`s very goal is the search for PROFITS, yes the way some of these companies get their profits and market share is underhanded (look at Tag vs. Axe) Tag copied Axe word for word in their advertisments and thats how Tag got its foot in the market. Diry trick? yes, did it work HELL YES.

And thats the whole point, not to make a product that 'means' something but a product that makes $$$ that is the sole reason the videogame industry is alive today to make $$$.

I love my artsy games, but I realise their not their to be pretty and make me feel something, thats not their reason for exsiting, they exist so that I go to EBgames and give them 60$ for a box, manual and disk thats all.

So stop complaining about one companies business model, its business and your NMH's ICO's Final Fantasy's, Zelda's all exist to make money, and the developpers need this money to keep you entertained.

So yes Microsoft and Sony share games between them, thats just a way to maximize profits and returns, not a philosophical debate on what`s right or wrong in the video game industry, because the only thing thats right is the $$$.

forevercloud3000 said:
tuoyo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You are fooling yourself if you think that these games going MultiPlat are not part of the MS agenda to stomp Sony into the ground. When Sony sprinted ahead of Sega and Nintendo it was with it's own games. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, GTA(to console), Dark Cloud, Xenogears, etc. They ushered in new IPs to claim their superiority. Games like FF migrated as well but not becuz Sony moneyhatted, they PUBLISHED the game for Square after Nin decided to withdraw theirs for Square going MP. In return they turned exclusive to Sony. Sony in no way went gunning for all of Sega's and Nin's exclusives. Sony wins over developers "fair"ly for every company has a fighting chance. MS has no rival when it comes to funds. They just keep handing out the huge checks to these companies to either have Sony Exclusives go MP or jip the PS3 out of features and such. EA MADDEN 07 ring a bell? How the hell did MS KNOW that the PS3 version would not run 60FPS before it released?

Sony has had Crash Bandicoot, , Jak games, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Dark Cloud, Ratchet and Clank,Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk, Wipeout, Legend of Dragoon,WKC,Heavenly Sword, etc.
MS has brought in Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR2.

These are the games actually in Sony's and MS's actual 1st/2nd Party Repatoir. Games that were not stolen from another console but born and raised.

Sony knows about how to make good games, seeing as NONE of their 1st party is bad. MS not so much, hense they spend so much time stealing Sony's exclusives.

If you think those games are what put Sony ahead of Nintendo with games like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, etc then you are living in some Sony fantasy land.  It was the 3rd parties that did it for Sony plain and simple.  And by the time PS2 came out all the 3rd parties simply migrated from PS1 to the PS2.  

Are you really trying give Sony credit for the creativity of third party developers?

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Its funny how desperately Microsoft wants to be like Sony.

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

Yup, playing Blu-ray movies. I love movies in HD. SD movies just can't compare. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Va1entinoZ said:

There sould be a competition. Stop stranglig Sony. Why can't u find ur own devs. Why can't u prove that ur console is better by making ur own games. Answer on every exclusive with ur own. I agree money are money, but i beg u make them with ur own hands, not with hands that made Sony. I don't want one console market. U've proven that u are strong, everyone sees it. Now stop it, stop it 'couse it's just to selfish.

is Final Fantasy made by Sony? NO

is Tekken made by Sony? NO

is Devil May Cry made by Sony? NO

is GTA made by Sony? NO

is Virtua Tennis made by Sony? NO

Sony has made a mistake somewhere...Gears of War ain't made by Microsoft but they secured it as an exclusive, if Sony want to win the console war then they should do the same.

Anyway, it's not like those games aren't on the PS3.

toasty, sony is not going to pay for exclusives. They have more than enough steam behind them.
Devs will be more likely to be exclusive if a console has like 40m units in the wild, or the series is a new ip.

mrstickball said:
perpride said:
The best is how proud 360 fanboys are everytime they find out they will also get to a play a game that will also be on PS3.

What gets even better is the Playstation fans that find out games like Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, and others are exclusive to the Xbox 360 and comfort themselves every time by saying ".....But it'll come to PS3! Eventually!" - Even if they never do.

See, the issue is that we're not only getting all of these former Playstation exclusives, it's the fact that the Xbox has about 20 other exclusives like Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dead Rising, and so on that the Playstation doesn't have. You forget that there are tons of 3rd party IPs that never have seen the light on the Playstation 3. And why is it that the X360 has 15+ games that are rated above 90% on Metacritic/Gamerankings, while the Playstation 3 only has 5? If the Playstation 3 had the same games the X360 had, it'd be much closer to 15, but it's not.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not denying that the 360 benifits from a few great exclusives. My argument is this: People should get on deck with the fact that most of these third party IP's are going to start going multiplat now that the Wii is dominating both HD consoles.

Just take yourself back to how big of a deal was made about the FFXIII going multiplat...and Assassins Creed, Devil May Cry and GTAIV being released simultaniousley, and Resident Evil, and....the list keeps on going (fuck even Fatal Inertia was bown out of proportion)! I have not seen half as many threads that are about how PS3 got Lost Planet.. or Eternal Sonata, or Bioshock (the highest rated 360 exclusive based on Gamerankings and Metacritic).

I wish more people were like you and appreciated the 360 for true titles like Gears and Lost Oddyssey - titles which make the console what it is. Having a game release on the 360 when it is also releasing on another console is great because it gives more people the chance to play it...but it is nothing to be so fucking proud of. To me it makes the 360 fan base seem weak...just an oppinion.

IF you really don't get what I am trying to say...think about how little bragging we have heard from the Wii side of this story about Monster Hunter...and that went exclusive to Wii.

BTW I have no idea how you can mention Dead Rising in the same freaking sentence as Mass Effect and Gears of War.

Leave Britney alone!!!!

Oh wait...

Anyways, this problem is more related to the lack of knowledge of some people (No offense) about how Sony came into this bussiness (Nintendo did some very bad things too), and now they point to MS without anything to back their statements...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."