By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Whoever says that Sony is a better game developer than Sega and Nintendo is a moron. Those companies survived off of first party games. Something that neither Microsoft nor Sony can do.

Yeah the 360 has known all along that they could not live on 1st party alone, nintendo is by far the best in house game developer followed by sony and last is MS, but MS knows that and has activelyy cutlivated third party support to shore it up

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
I've said this ever since I think 2006.

Defend it all you want M$ fans, but Microsoft....

Get your own games. M$ is only hopping on the success the Sony brand had made, and it won't last forever because even still the same games are on the PS3, and the 1st party is just chugging games out.

What're they gonna steal next gen? LBP2? SOCOM? Doubt that's gonna happen....and then what? They're going to have to rely on their abysmal 1st party.

Arent we the kettle calling the pot black with the MS fans when you are clearly a sony fan.  Last time I checked crackdown, Gears of war, Fable, Halo, Briad are all great games,

You arent stealing games if they are third party publishers. Currently MS has more top rated games than Sony, so enjoy your little rant

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Godot said:
kowenicki said:
Xen said:
xman said:
Va1entinoZ said:

There sould be a competition. Stop stranglig Sony. Why can't u find ur own devs. Why can't u prove that ur console is better by making ur own games. Answer on every exclusive with ur own. I agree money are money, but i beg u make them with ur own hands, not with hands that made Sony. I don't want one console market. U've proven that u are strong, everyone sees it. Now stop it, stop it 'couse it's just to selfish.

You do relazie that NINTENDO is thumping them both?

In console sales, but not in games.

Absolutely.

The wii controllers in my house are covered in a lot more dust than the 360 and PS3 ones.

Nintendo is trumping them both in software sales and hardware. If you're not enjoying your Wii, it's your problem. We've heard a lot of time already.

I personally think that what Microsoft has did is to make the ps3 seems useless for a lot of people (me included) because we get more exclusives that used to be on Platystation on Xbox 360 than on PS3.

Sony has bought all the exclusives that used to be on Nintendo platforms with the PS. Their success was because of the quality of their 3rd party support not because of its brand name.

Well said but no one complained about that the PS3 is not getting PS2 like support because PS2 was basically a monopoly they owned that generation.  Now they have some competition

Xen said:
xman said:
Va1entinoZ said:

There sould be a competition. Stop stranglig Sony. Why can't u find ur own devs. Why can't u prove that ur console is better by making ur own games. Answer on every exclusive with ur own. I agree money are money, but i beg u make them with ur own hands, not with hands that made Sony. I don't want one console market. U've proven that u are strong, everyone sees it. Now stop it, stop it 'couse it's just to selfish.

You do relazie that NINTENDO is thumping them both?

In console sales, but not in games.

I've noticed how you like to pull things out of thin air Xen.  This is reality, not Xen's world.  So, I wanted to find some numbers here.  I added the top 10 best selling game sales for each console, I figured that was a fair indicator. And here were the results

PS3 - 28.24 million

Xbox 360 - 44.79 million

Wii - 67.9 million

Oh, and before you even say anything, I didn't even count Wii Sports for Wii, because I myself think the pack-in should not count.

But, maybe you ment in games that they published themselves.  So I took the top 10 game sales of the games published by Sony, MS and Nintendo for their current gen systems, and those numbers are:

Sony - 15.3 million

Microsoft - 27.3 million

Nintendo - 67.07 million

Though, maybe you don't want to count Wii Play either in software sales.  Wii Play sold 15.24 million.  But thats easy to see, just subtract 15.24 million from each Nintendo number above and you can see that Nintendo's top 9 selling in each catagory still have sold more than the other two's top 10.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Its funny how desperately Microsoft wants to be like Sony.

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

Around the Network

As a PS3/X360 owner this sucks though...If they just used the money for new games I would be more exciting.

Va1entinoZ said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
"Sony will live. They have far more money than SEGA ever did. They've lost billions this year alone. SEGA would never be able to take that hit. Never. They will live to see another day. Luckily they cut their production costs to drop the price of the PS3. They better learn their lesson (as they claim to) from this gen."

Just... Just let me get this straight. Your argument for why Sony will stay in business is that they've lost billions in this year alone?

No. Thats is a stupid reason. If Sony was to go out of business I wouldnt say that I was buying a PS3 in other posts on this topic. Also, Sony is multi-billion dollar conglomerate, which i've also said. Sega was "the little guy". I stated that if Sega would've lost the amount that Sony lost in billions they wouldn't be here. They wouldn't even be able to make games most likely. Sony brought in the big powerful spending corporation image to gaming before Microsoft came in. Microsoft and Sony are the big spenders. Nintendo is the only "little guy" that came into it's own without being a huge outermarket giant.

Sony will live. Yes. But not their console division (exept PSP). If it will become unprofitable they won't mess with it. They r not MS, they don't throw away money.

MS thinks long term they will take a loss if they know in the future they will make money on it.  MS didnt get as big as they are from throwing money away.

Diomedes1976 said:

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

::shrug::  Whats funny.  Every buisness should want to over take the market leader (Sony in the last gen) to become the market leader themselves.  I'm not sure how your spin is supposed to make that a bad thing.

And you praise Sony for moving onto more, better things, but yet are trying to slam MS in the same post for the same thing?  You are obviously bitter

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I think that ms is not trying to be better than ps3, to have better games I mean , MS is triying hard to offer the same games as ps3 but at a much cheaper console's cost, well a little of ilussion of course because there are more things that u have to pay like XBL , that's lame.

and they will do fine, but in the end PS3 is gonna win. MS dies when 720 comes ps3 will still breathing when ps4 comes. I'll probably buy a 360 when is like 150 dollars or cheaper.

F.U. Fun University.

Diomedes1976 said:

....What things has Sony moved on to again? They're doing a great job of becoming the next Sega, because they're making the PS3 look like a Sega Saturn: An ineffective boondoggle that lost a company it's entire credibility.

First it was the laughable $599 price point - Twice the price of the PS2!

Then it was the lack of J-centric games that the Playstation brand always had

Then it was followed by the "but the ------- will save the Playstation 3!"

Then that game went to the X360 or the Wii

Then it was the next "-------- will save the Playstation 3!"

Then that game flopped, or had very little effect on the overall picture of the Playstation 3 franchise.

Now it's Blu-Ray saving the PS3, some crazy From Software title, and Final Fantasy vXIII (which no one cared about till XIII went multiplat) - All the while Nintendo and Microsoft have bled the Sony machine as having the best combo of first party and third party games, to being known as the delaystation. My god, we're 2 years into the Playstation 3 lifecycle, and they have yet to have a killer app for their system! And This year may not give a killer app either!

All the while Nintendo launched with a killer app or two (Zelda: TP and WiiSports/Play), Microsoft made and published one quickly (Gears of War), while the closest thing the Playstation 3 has was/is MGS4 which is still well behind it's predicessors and selling less than 20k a week.

Sony fans, do us a favor: Get out of the Microsoft forums. Go back to the happy happy joy joy Playstation 3 forums, and revel in the "I remember when the Playstation outsold everyone else and we could play every game available!" days of years gone by. Because at this rate, that's all you'll get until Sony announces the Playstation 4.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.