By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

does anybody know the term "checklisting"?
MS is simply crossing off a checklist of things that make the ps3 different from the 360.
At some point the consumer will see that the huge price difference does not make up for the slowly waning differences.

Around the Network

Haha well even thought I strongly disagree with MS using its large money assertion to pay off devs in need of money to finish other exclusives to get their own quick games, what does go around comes around and there is nothing saying Sony didn't have this coming to them.

Haha but it's not like Sony or its fans have much to worry around. I mean most of these games MS has paid off devs for this to happen the games have flopped and badly. Hell ToV and IU would be disaster if MS hadn't paid them for it. Meaning it's not to likely that devs will want to continue this especially as they don't need MS's quick cash to finish other projects.

I mean I know some people don't have problems with MS doing it but it is a business practice I do not think is right. Wish they would crack down on that. One of the most important things to a capitalist system is competition and using this to ultimately make competition not have a chance is just not right.

xman said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Whoever says that Sony is a better game developer than Sega and Nintendo is a moron. Those companies survived off of first party games. Something that neither Microsoft nor Sony can do.

Yeah the 360 has known all along that they could not live on 1st party alone, nintendo is by far the best in house game developer followed by sony and last is MS, but MS knows that and has activelyy cutlivated third party support to shore it up

Sega and Nintendo were self sufficient. This is why Sega went down with pride. Sega had the diverse games and Nintendo had the creative games with mainly platform and adventure. Segas biggest downfall was because they refused certain important 3rd party titles. Nintendo and Sega complimented each other where the other lacked. Sony cannot hold a candle to Segas developing. Please. It was Nintendo, Sega, then the corporations. Dude...you're saying that Microsoft hasn't come up with games on their own? I guess you're not privy to Microsoft Gaming Studios pumping out all of the simulators on PC. Sony was the one who was shoring up developers first. Microsoft followed Sonys lead. The more Microsoft understanding the gaming industry the more they will try to overshadow Sony. The best Nintendo can do today is to focus on making interesting games and ways to play games. All Microsoft and Sony can do is watch in awe while bashing each other over the head. I don't even want the Wii and am getting PS3 while having a 360 and I know this and am willing to admit this.

Diomedes1976 said:
Its funny how desperately Microsoft wants to be like Sony.

All the while ,Sony has moved along ,and while retaining theses games on their plattform are moving on to more ,better ,things.

Microsoft is like Sony....a multibillion dollar coporation that came out of nowhere to pervert and monopolize the gaming industry. They both are the reason for the death of arcades in the US.

Sony hasn't moved along at all. They are in denial. The only system that has moved along is the Nintendo Wii. Microsoft already amitted this truth, which is why you can complain much about them as far as their grip on reality. It's Sony who has yet to admit reality that they cannot beat Nintendo this gen.

Va1entinoZ said:

There sould be a competition. Stop stranglig Sony. Why can't u find ur own devs. Why can't u prove that ur console is better by making ur own games. Answer on every exclusive with ur own. I agree money are money, but i beg u make them with ur own hands, not with hands that made Sony. I don't want one console market. U've proven that u are strong, everyone sees it. Now stop it, stop it 'couse it's just to selfish.

Yeah shame on Microsft for trying to bring games to their user base that get shoved in their faces by Sony fanboys for being exclusive. How dare Microsoft try to secure a solid well known title for their system instead of letting it be an exclusive for a competitor? ::facepalm::

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
tuoyo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You are fooling yourself if you think that these games going MultiPlat are not part of the MS agenda to stomp Sony into the ground. When Sony sprinted ahead of Sega and Nintendo it was with it's own games. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, GTA(to console), Dark Cloud, Xenogears, etc. They ushered in new IPs to claim their superiority. Games like FF migrated as well but not becuz Sony moneyhatted, they PUBLISHED the game for Square after Nin decided to withdraw theirs for Square going MP. In return they turned exclusive to Sony. Sony in no way went gunning for all of Sega's and Nin's exclusives. Sony wins over developers "fair"ly for every company has a fighting chance. MS has no rival when it comes to funds. They just keep handing out the huge checks to these companies to either have Sony Exclusives go MP or jip the PS3 out of features and such. EA MADDEN 07 ring a bell? How the hell did MS KNOW that the PS3 version would not run 60FPS before it released?

Sony has had Crash Bandicoot, , Jak games, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Dark Cloud, Ratchet and Clank,Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk, Wipeout, Legend of Dragoon,WKC,Heavenly Sword, etc.
MS has brought in Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR2.

These are the games actually in Sony's and MS's actual 1st/2nd Party Repatoir. Games that were not stolen from another console but born and raised.

Sony knows about how to make good games, seeing as NONE of their 1st party is bad. MS not so much, hense they spend so much time stealing Sony's exclusives.

If you think those games are what put Sony ahead of Nintendo with games like Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, etc then you are living in some Sony fantasy land.  It was the 3rd parties that did it for Sony plain and simple.  And by the time PS2 came out all the 3rd parties simply migrated from PS1 to the PS2.  

Yes there will always be the developers that migrated to the PS systems. I know that. Yet how many franchises really up and forgot the console's they were originally on? FF is the only one that comes to mind. Majority of that 3rd party stuff were BRAND NEW IPs for playstation. FF left nin for Sony, but Sony had vagrant story, kingdom hearts, xenosaga, tekken, etc first. New IPs, not rehashed old ones. Sony tries to usher in new ideas while MS is just content on taking ideas that were already formulated on Playstation.

Please...Microsoft has just as many monopolistic intentions for the gaming industry as Sony did. They are just giving them competition that Nintendo never cared to give and Sega couldn't. You need to respect the fact that if it wasn't for Microsoft, Sony would've monopolized the gaming industry. They both have perverted and destroyed the moral fabric of the gaming indstury.

@OP

These are 3RD PARTIES not sony's devs. why do you care anyway, you can still play tekken 6 if you want

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

theprof00 said:
toasty, sony is not going to pay for exclusives. They have more than enough steam behind them.
Devs will be more likely to be exclusive if a console has like 40m units in the wild, or the series is a new ip.

Sony paid for exclusives during the PS2 era and for timed exclusivity as well. They also did it during the PS era as well. They've realized that they're losing too much money on the PS3 and cannot, so they are ignoring the losses of 3rd party and focusing on 1st party. Keep thinking that what you will about Sony, but they are stubborn and proud company that is still in denial about whether Nintendo is winning and will win at the end of the gen. Thats how much Microsoft has made them lose their minds.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
theprof00 said:
toasty, sony is not going to pay for exclusives. They have more than enough steam behind them.
Devs will be more likely to be exclusive if a console has like 40m units in the wild, or the series is a new ip.

Sony paid for exclusives during the PS2 era and for timed exclusivity as well. They also did it during the PS era as well. They've realized that they're losing too much money on the PS3 and cannot, so they are ignoring the losses of 3rd party and focusing on 1st party. Keep thinking that what you will about Sony, but they are stubborn and proud company that is still in denial about whether Nintendo is winning and will win at the end of the gen. Thats how much Microsoft has made them lose their minds.

you're funny. you give a viable reason why sony doesn't pay for exclusives this gen and assault them for it at the same time. are they supposed to get the money from your bank account lol. 3 bln in losses changes a corporation a whole lot. sony has changed, we better all get used to the new strategy and stop the rants.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

stage,
that was when they had money, and this is now. I love how people say two different things are the same to make a point.
No, sony never did pay for exclusives. They funded production.
Being an exclusive is actually a bonus for a company, but that depends on several factors, whether you believe it or not. Being exclusive to the ps3 right now is tough, because there is not much of a base.
A large portion of exclusives end up becoming big. One reason is that exclusive games get A LOT of hype.