By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Poll of the Week: Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Animal Crossing: City Folk 342 15.17%

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Gears of War 2 523 23.20%

Little Big Planet 658 29.19%

Resistance 2 104 4.61%

Wii Music 557 24.71%

Total:2,254
Gobias said:

Lets be realistic here people

Animal Crossing: City Folk: 6-10 million

Fable 2: 2.5-3 million

Gears of War 2: 5-6 million

Little Big Planet: Who knows, anywhere from 1m to 5m

Resistance 2: 3-4m

Wii Music: 7-10+ million

Its easy to see that either Wii Music or AC will win, which is sad because most of the games listed will probably be better than those games.

Ok, My predictions are of a more "I have no idea" variety

Animal Crossing - This was my pic, though truth be told, I'm not sure it will reach DS levels, which could make things close.

Fable 2 - I expect it to be amazing. I also expect it to do between 3 and 4 million

Gears of War 2 - 6 mill minimum. It's the boxes new Halo, and the second iteration has a lot more hype than the first. May be a contender.

Little Big Planet - another up in the air. 2 mil min, but a max could be anything.

Resistance 2 - 3 to 4 sounds good I think. 

Wii Music - that's the big ? No one can really answer this one. Not a single person can predict it.

So yeah, no idea. Not a damn idea... I'm worthless.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
soccerdrew17 said:
Gobias said:

Lets be realistic here people

Animal Crossing: City Folk: 6-10 million

Fable 2: 2.5-3 million

Gears of War 2: 5-6 million

Little Big Planet: Who knows, anywhere from 1m to 5m

Resistance 2: 3-4m

Wii Music: 7-10+ million

Its easy to see that either Wii Music or AC will win, which is sad because most of the games listed will probably be better than those games.

animal crossing range looks good, maybe a bit higher.

fable is good, also maybe a bit higher.

gears looks good.

lbp looks partly good.  i dont think it has much of a range yet.  i think 1 million is the minimum, but its really unknown how well it will do.

reisistance is good.

wii music is way high.  the problem is that the fake music thing has already been done, to extremely great succes.  i dont think that people will look to wii music to even try and get close to guitar hero or rock band.

It will sell to a very different and much less informed (about games) audience than GH or RB. Also a much bigger market.

@ faywong...I knew someone was going to get up in arms about the "exclusivity" of some of the titles. And you're right...but I'm just not sure what to put in the 360 spot then. And that may have angered more than just the pc gamers. Of course...that has more to do with Microsoft's business model (which is fit for an entirely different thread). One wonders if Gears (and the 360 itself) would sell more if Microsoft didn't port games over to the PC.

@ everyone....great analysis so far. If you put this question on any other site you'd just get the canned fanboy response...but that's what makes VGC so great. There's depth to the responses and solid numbers.

I'm a bit surprised, honestly, at the steam that Wii Music has. Obviously many must feel that Nintendo has the Midas touch when they put Wii in front of anything...regardless of its perceived quality. And I know that if these predictions turn out to be true there will be many angry gamers running these halls and being offended by said game's existence.

I'm very surprised at the LBP predictions. I mean out of all of the options I think it might sell the least. Oh well, we will wait and see.

Just for fun super_etecoon, ask which version of GH4 will sell the most? I honestly want to see the response to that.

I voted AC based on the strength of its sales on the DS. But it may turn out that all the Wii Music bashing is just a vocal minority, so it could be Wii Music too

I pretty much echo gobias's predictions, although would raise LBP to 2-5 mill and believe that AC has the potential to break 10 million. Wii music is more of an unknown, it could even sell as 'low' as 5 million, but 10 million range is more likely

Around the Network
Rath said:
Wii Music. Anything with 'Wii' in the title seems to be destined to break the 10M barrier.

Agreed. That's what I voted for.

Animal Crossing: City Folk?

only b/c it has the biggest market to go to

Animal Crossing:12m
Wii Music: 10m
Gow2: 7m
Resistance2: 4.5m
LBP: 4m
Fable2:3m

Wetcoaster said:
Rath said:
Wii Music. Anything with 'Wii' in the title seems to be destined to break the 10M barrier.

Agreed. That's what I voted for.

Yep. The poll does not make any sense though. You cannot compare sales between a game that has an "E" rating with one that is "M".

AC most likely, or Wii music.