By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Poll of the Week: Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Which exclusive will sell the most in its lifetime?

Animal Crossing: City Folk 342 15.17%

Fable 2 70 3.11%

Gears of War 2 523 23.20%

Little Big Planet 658 29.19%

Resistance 2 104 4.61%

Wii Music 557 24.71%

Total:2,254

I was very conflicted between Animal Crossing and Wii Music.

I know nothing about Animal Crossing (this one or any other AC) except for the fact that it sold shitloads on DS but since I had to make a choice I decided to think that it wouldn't be as big on console (why? because I said so!).

As for Wii Music, yes Rock Band and Guitar Hero are very successful and well made music games but like it has been said before the target audience for Wii Music is not the same as for these two games. Wii Music will sell to all my relatives who watched me play guitar hero with a "how-the-hell-does-he-do-this" look on their face.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I am rooting for wii music and gears of war 2. Both games are made for each consoles demographics.

perpride said:
Wetcoaster said:
Rath said:
Wii Music. Anything with 'Wii' in the title seems to be destined to break the 10M barrier.

Agreed. That's what I voted for.

Yep. The poll does not make any sense though. You cannot compare sales between a game that has an "E" rating with one that is "M".

Of course you can... what about the Grand Theft Auto series? Aren't they rated M and some of the best selling games ever?

Signature goes here!

A good poll etecoon.

I really don't get the predictions for Animal Crossing. People keep looking to the sales of the DS version. I don't know too mauch about this game, but it seems like it is built for the DS. The GC version did well, but not near the numbers you are talking. Is there a game I am missing that shows that a Wii version of a GC game can sell 4-5 times its console predecesor? I predict 5-6 million (still double).

By the way I picked Gears of War 2. This game is getting more attention from my Halo-fan friends than Halo.

Also, the only game I am buying on the list is Wii Music. Say what you want, I have a two year old who will love it, and it looks like a fun game to play with him.

Edit: Sorry 3-4 times...

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
lapsed_gamer said:

I really don't get the predictions for Animal Crossing. People keep looking to the sales of the DS version. I don't know too mauch about this game, but it seems like it is built for the DS. The GC version did well, but not near the numbers you are talking. Is there a game I am missing that shows that a Wii version of a GC game can sell 4-5 times its console predecesor? I predict 5-6 million (still double).

I agree that expecting DS level sales is probably a bit much, but considering it sold 3 million as a new ip on the Gamecube, and that it's target demographic is huge for the Wii, I think it will do exponentially better than the Cube version. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

lapsed_gamer said:

Edit: Sorry 3-4 times...

Reasons for huge AC sales predictions:

AC is now an established IP.  It was new for the Gamecube. (at least outside of Japan)

Wii console sales should end up at 4-5 times the Gamecube.  It makes sense that game sales will be much higher.

It fits in perfectly with the Wii casual demographic.

The bundle with the Wii Speak will drive sales for people who want the mic.

It will have long, long legs.

I actually voted for Animal crossing.

Gears 2 =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Unfortunately I think the winner is going to be Wii Music (and the loser will be gamers).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down