By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left4Dead Minimmum Requirements

Actually my moms work laptop could handle it pretty damn well lol :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I would also call those requirements on the steep side for a Valve game, but I'm sure if you have a slower processor than 3.0 GHz or a little lower than 2.0 dual core, you should still be fine.

It doesn't really surprise me though, this game will be more taxing than CS or TF2, lots of stuff going on at once.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Could play it on PC but all my friends have 360 so that's where I'll be spending my dollars. Those specs really aren't high either even if they're the minimum.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

My XPS Laptop could handle it, however, I think I will pick it up for 360 anyway. I have a lot of buddies who have Live accounts that dont have rigs that could run it as well as the 360 will be spec'd.

Was'nt MS planning on allowing a Windows Live/XBox Live dual network play with this game, so that PC and XBox players could play together? Or did they cank that idea?

Supernova82 said:
Very high specs required for the game. Console gaming is much cheaper than PC gaming, no need to upgrade once a year.

Troll begone, might be more expensive but the end result far surpasses what consoles can spit out.

Yeah I was surprised these were the min specs when I saw them too and I'm gonna be sad to be running it on my desktop since I love being able to carry my games with me. Thean again as BenKenobi pointed out there will be a lot more things going on in the game than any of the Source games so far. I'm also wondering how the game is optimized for the 360 if these are the min reqs for the PC.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

so how bad would this game run on my 2.8 ghz pentium 4, 1 gig of RAM and a 7600 GT?

Cause that's the specs of the other computer on my LAN, and I was hoping we could play co op together

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:
so how bad would this game run on my 2.8 ghz pentium 4, 1 gig of RAM and a 7600 GT?

Cause that's the specs of the other computer on my LAN, and I was hoping we could play co op together

bad, your processor wont handle it. And 1GB of ram? Even I just ordered another GB of ram to make my PC have 3.5GBs.

Still its about time PC developers move away from supporting processors as old as the P4. These specs arent hugh, the hardware has been around for years. They just remove older hardware support.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Avalach21 said:

My friend has a 2.6 ghz, 2 GB of RAM and a 7600, and he plays TF2 on high settings at 1280x1024 with 2x AA and gets good framerates...texture is probably just high, not very high, and he might have a couple other settings lower, but otherwise it's high settings.

So I assume for L4D, he'll have to put one or two more settings to medium, and he'll keep his smooth framerates (usually above 40 except in really busy spots he says). So I assume for your computer you should be able to play at medium, medium/high and get good framerates. And medium won't look too bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ssj12 said:
Avalach21 said:

bad, your processor wont handle it. And 1GB of ram? Even I just ordered another GB of ram to make my PC have 3.5GBs.

Still its about time PC developers move away from supporting processors as old as the P4. These specs arent hugh, the hardware has been around for years. They just remove older hardware support.

It's an 8 year old PC that my buddy uses when he comes over and we play LAN.  Why are you appauled that I only have 1 GB of RAM?  1 GB of RAM is very acceptable, 2 GB is more than enough.  Anything more right now, honestly, is more or less a waste.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

My PC is an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ with a Geforce 7800GT, is (almost) 3 years old and is above these minimum requirements ... I don't think you can argue that these minimum requirements are all that high being that you could buy a $800 laptop or $500 PC that can easily play this game at above minimum settings.