By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Left4Dead Minimmum Requirements

Valve Releases Left 4 Dead System Requirements

Rendering the living dead takes some horsepower

By Kat Bailey, 09/26/2008

The release of all those highly anticipated PC games is almost upon us, and that means system requirements. The latest to drop? Left 4 Dead, come on down!

Shacknews is reporting that the required were dropped in the Halflife2.net forums courtesy of Valve marketing Vice President Doug Lombardi. All you zombie hunters, quickly say, "Thanks, Doug!"

When you're ready, hit the jump and have a look. Just a warning though, your mom's work laptop probably isn't going to be able to run this thing.

• CPU: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 or AMD64X2 (or higher)
  • RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
  • Disc drive: DVD-ROM Drive
  • Hard drive: At least 7.5 GB of free space
  • Video: Direct X 9 compatible video card (Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0)
  • Sound: Direct X9.0c compatible sound card

So do you have the power to play Left 4 Dead on your PC, or is it off to the Xbox 360 with you?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sigh, they basically just listed my laptop's configuration and stuck it on the web. Might have to use my desktop for this one if I want to look at something more than just brown blobs.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

My rig has more than enough punch to run that baby...

Now, I need to get money to buy it hehe.

a 3.0 ghz p4 is not equivalent to a 2.0 ghz dual core

honestly, these requirements are incredibly steep compared to what I was expecting.

And this is minimum, not recommended, correct?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Very high specs required for the game. Console gaming is much cheaper than PC gaming, no need to upgrade once a year.

Good thing my laptop can handle it. Zombie killing woooooooooo

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

Damn with Valve still focusing on PCs and the Messiah aka Blizzard coming back to making PC games I might stop my brief excursion into the console world and have to pay for a decent gaming rig. But first lets see when Starcraft2 comes out.

I disagree that those requirements are steep. If you are a pc gamer, there is no doubt that you will have at least 1 gig of ram, a dual core processor (pentium d, amd 64 x2, core 2 duo) or a pentium 4 (my roomate still has a 3.2ghz hyperthreading P4), and a decent vid card. And again, you dont need to upgrade once a year on pc to play the new games.

(my roomate still has a 3.2ghz hyperthreading P4),

Me too but its not fun to play a game like that on minimum requirements. I tried to play Bioshock in decent settings on this machine and it just wasn't fun anymore. But this machine was 5 years old.

True. He's getting tired of his P4, but he's graduating at the end of the year, and he will use graduation money to get a new rig. I understand that there are people out there who can't upgrade every couple of years, but I felt it was ignorant to say that one has to upgrade his' pc every year to play every game. I would also think that if a person knew their pc could not handle the latest games, they would either upgrade or go the console route.

Not too bad at all, hell my laptop could run AOC on medium at around 45-60 FPS so i'll be in good shape. While i'd normally play this game on my PC if a bunch of my XBL buddies cant play it on their computers, I'll have to get it for Xbox. Either way I have no doubt that this game is going to be great.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche